Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 pm 

Are you looking for a long term rental?

We are currently negotiating with Dominica Group http://pafoshomes.com/ to be site sponsors or advertisers.

The Dominica Group which incorporates Hadjidemosthenous Contractor & Developer; Anvar Holdings and the 4* Aquamare Hotel in Paphos, have previously supported the forum in finding rental and sale properties for members.

In the meantime, if you are looking for a long term rental property or to purchase a property, in the first instance please PM me and I will give you contact details.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm 

Hello, I am interested in the long term rental if still available, need 2-3 bedroom property around Peyia, Tala or generally Paphos area, starting 18.06.2018. I understand it is a short notice but we were dumped by potential landlords in Tala because they decided to sell.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm 

I will send off your detail this evening. Some additional info would help

Max per month
Pool?
Furnished?

You may also like to try http://www.paphosrent.com/peyia-long-term-rentals

I did notice today some 'for rent' signs in Peyia near the post office

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm 

Dear Moira and Dave,
thank you for your help!

re: details.
Definitely pool, better furnished than not. Our budget is 650-800 euros, depending on the property. I can go up to 1100e if it is a short-term, seems all the properties in Peyia have reorientated towards short-term this summer, even the unfurnished ones:)
We are UK citizens moving to Cyprus from Finland for schools, also because of Brexit, I figured out it had been enough of wild North for us. Time to move under the sun before the gates are closed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 pm 

re: Paphosrent web site. They were the first I contacted but the properties on their first (and the second) page are either rented out or cost much more than they state.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 pm 

Try http://search.paphosfinder.com/ Ask for Karen and tell them Dave & Moira sent you :grin:

Another to try is G&V Hadjidemosthenous Ltd 26 822333

You could also give Georgios (George) Hadjiantoniou (Sunwaves Management Services) a call on 99343632 It's normally the sale of houses he deals with BUT every now and again he deals with rentals.............again tell him Dave sent you :grin:

I know a lot of rental agencies only update their web pages every month so always worth a call to see if anything new has come on

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am 

Any luck? How did you get on?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:49 pm 

Lucky us!
I have signed a yearly contract for 3 bedroom townhouse with pool not far from Peyia stadium. 420 euros a month plus utilities (yes, this kind of prices still exist).
Sunseekers real estate agency found it for me. I am happy kids and me have a roof over our heads, and hopefully Daddy comes to see us, too!

It is true that long-term rental market here has gone wild, not unlike in the 90s in Russia. I literally saw a 2 bed flat without a pool, in the basement, unfinished, the walls even not plastered, being offered for 400 e a month by the owners. With a promise to finish it in a month. It is going to be very nice when finished, I am sure.

It is also true that one can find a good property for rent if search hard and have some luck.

There are quite a few families with kids around who suffer from the wilderness of the rental market, there was a cry for help on PEG expat group to get a property, and agents are exhausted indeed. Many landlords prefer to keep the properties empty rather than let out. I sort of understand them even being on the other side of the fence myself, because I know how easily a few small children can ruin a place. However if there is a decent damage deposit, it would be OK to let out all these properties sitting empty around Peyia.

Thank you for your help in a tough moment for me, Moira and Dave! I am looking forward to life in Peyia. Kids start summer school tomorrow and we move to the townhouse the day after.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:53 pm 

Delighted to hear you are sorted.......you are welcome :bearhug

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body