Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 pm 

Hello,

My family is moving from Limassol to Kato Paphos this coming summer and we are to find a school for our daughter (12 y). She currently attends a small British school in Limassol with a very friendly "atmosphere". She is so happy with her current school and does not want to hear about moving at all. So we hoped we could place her in a similar friendly environment....
We have found a few schools in Paphos which follow the British curriculum. They all look good enough (as long as the management showed us around)... so we are hoping to get any firsthand feedback from people with children in ISOP and Aspire.

Your feedback and advice are much appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:27 am 

Hello, my son has been going to ISOP for 18 months now and is doing very well there. Good teachers, support staff and facilities. It is a relatively large school eg. there are 3 classes in each KS 3 year, and it has a busy feel to it. Many nationalities of pupils attend. They offer a good range of GCSE subjects. There may be a waiting list at the moment for certain years?
I have also heard good reports about Aspire, although have never visited there. I believe the Head is well thought of.
Would both schools allow your daughter to spend a morning / day to get a feel for them?

Good luck with your decision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 pm 
Junior

HI, if you think she will be happier in a smaller school then Aspire on the Tomb of the Kings Rd
would probably be best, we checked out both Aspire & ISOP for our Son last year and although
we didnt move to Paphos in the end (on hold for another 2-3 years!) we thought Aspire came
across as a lovely working environment and the teachers very dedicated. Good Luck JB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:20 pm 

My son has been at ISOP for 3 years (now in year 4).

He is very happy there and we are very happy with his progress and the standard of tuition. They are a very friendly bunch and the teachers all seem very dedicated. Suffice to say there is nothing bad I can say about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:43 pm 

Thanks everyone for the reviews. I am contacting them now to get more information and arrange visits.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 pm 
Rock Star

What is a British curriculum? It' s either English or Scottish can't be both

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body