Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Returning to Cyprus
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am 

I am returning to Cyprus from the Far East after an absence of about 7 years and am on the lookout for short/long term Fully furnished rental property 2/3 bedrooms that accepts mid sized house trained dog, convienant for Paphos International School. Do not intially plan to have a car. any information on bus routes costs appeciated

I formally rented in Tsada but that is to far away. If you have a property available for say two month with option to extend for a year that would be ideal. That would give my new wife time to look around for something she likes.

Not exactly sure of arrival date at moment but our son finishes school here in Philippines in March and I am at present sorting out immigation papers for my family as they are non EU citizens Also am working on costs and proceedure for dog passport chipping etc.

Our log term plan is to purchase a property but first we need to sell our property in the Philippines... anyone looking to move East ? :-)

Enjoying reading the forum and learning of what has changed

Post subject: Re: Returning to Cyprus
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 pm 

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum and very best of luck with your move back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm 
Forum Admin

Welcome to P.P ..
:greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 pm 
Top of the pops

davidogden wrote:
I am returning to Cyprus from the Far East after an absence of about 7 years and am on the lookout for short/long term Fully furnished rental property 2/3 bedrooms that accepts mid sized house trained dog, convienant for Paphos International School. Do not intially plan to have a car. any information on bus routes costs appeciated

I formally rented in Tsada but that is to far away. If you have a property available for say two month with option to extend for a year that would be ideal. That would give my new wife time to look around for something she likes.

Not exactly sure of arrival date at moment but our son finishes school here in Philippines in March and I am at present sorting out immigation papers for my family as they are non EU citizens Also am working on costs and proceedure for dog passport chipping etc.

Our log term plan is to purchase a property but first we need to sell our property in the Philippines... anyone looking to move East ? :-)

Enjoying reading the forum and learning of what has changed

Hi David, Saw this on 'Facebook' today which may be of interest to you:-

https://www.facebook.com/CyprusResalesDirect

Some owners are prepared to rent with a view to purchase !!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 am 

Hey Mal,
thanks for the heads up, something like that may be worth considering once I have manage to dispose of house in Philippines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am 

Hi David, welcome to PP. Just added some info about the bus situation here in Paphos.

Here's the link to the Bus timesheet/routes, if you've not already found it.
http://www.pafosbuses.com/

I'm not a 100% sure, but I don't think there's a bus to the international school (or close). There may be a school bus - not sure.
The closest stop is the Anavargos/general hospital stop, which is quite a way at least 40mins walk. The last bus to/from there is 2pm - yes in the afternoon.
The buses are only useful if you live along the coast road or in the central Paphos town area and you want to get to somewhere in those sorts of areas or the airports.

If you can't drive or don't want a car and want to live in Cyprus you will have to use a taxi on fairly regular bases. With time may be get some sort of lift sharing system with neighbours/friends.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body