Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:18 am 

hi all,
i have been given this forum site , as someone told me that it is one of the better ones to be on.... My family, me my husband and 9 year old son have enjoyed the last 10 years + holidays to cyprus. Now feel that we would like to experience life in cyprus for maybe the next 4-5 years or maybe longer !
We are coming to Paphos next month to look at apartments, schools, jobs etc...
I have a couple of things that are keeping me awake at night!!! firstly, how easy it is for us to get work. My husband is a general builder, and can turn his hand to anything, and I can work in any office or bar. Secondly, my son is 9 and i am very very worried about how he will settle into school... also should i send him to cypriot school or private school... then my question is can i afford the private school ?!?!
I am sorry to bombard with all of these questions, but hope that someone can help me....
thank you .
leeann :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Hi Leeann

Welcome to the forum and i am sure someone will be able to answer your questions.It may help if you did seperate posts in the general section and then you can follow the answers.

:greetings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:38 pm 

thank you . I will post in general section too.
leeann

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm 

hi my husband and i are going to cyprus in november we are enquiring how people travelled out and who with we have had some qutoes on peole taking our car and belongings out

would like some feed back please loobie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 pm 
Hi Leeann,

First let me welcome you & your family to Paphos People, it's always good to see new members & help them where we can, so welcome :greetings :greetings

As for your question about jobs, the wages over here aren't great & the building trade can be a dog eat dog area as there are so many Eastern Block workers & Sirians that work for a lot less, the ex-pats don't really get a look in :roll: if you Hubby is good at what he does & you have a little capital, then you should think of starting your own business as it will bring you more money than working for anyone else :D

If you have a niche idea, that's a good way of making a living but you should do a lot of research first & if you need to import from another company, then you should get the 'Sole Distribution' rights in writting from that company or someone else will & you'll be lost..

As for school, we have a few parents of young children on our forum, so if you ask the question in the Day2Day forum, you'll get a response no problem :congrats

Again, don't be afraid to ask any question you like, we're here to help where we can :greetings

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body