Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:51 am

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:32 pm 

Hi everyone - I am new to this forum but have been reading with interest the threads about moving to Paphos and the advice given (thank you - we hope to move when we have finally sold here in the UK). However, I notice that the Nationwide Flex Account has been recommended several times and thought I would warn you about the new charges that Nationwide are introducing http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/ju ... ithdrawals

Nationwide will announce today that customers using its debit cards at cash machines outside the UK will in future pay a commission charge of 2% plus a £1 flat fee – a major shake-up for its FlexAccount, which is used by around 3.5 million people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 pm 
Rock Star

I would respectfully suggest that anyone who has a FlexAccount with Nationwide writes to them using the secure online messaging service on the internet banking site.
The more people that do this the more notice they are likely to take.
Here is a copy of the letter I sent earlier today.

Dear sirs.
Having read your press release regarding the changes to the FlexAccount we felt compelled to register our disgust at this decision.

You claim to be acting in the best interest of your "loyal customers." We are two of those loyal customers who use the FlexAccount as our main current account and are now being disadvantaged due to these proposed changes.

It was yourselves that allowed people who do not use the FlexAccount as their main account to take advantage of the beneficial terms without contributing to the society in any way. Surely these are the people who you should be targeting not your "loyal customers".

Please do not highlight all the so called "benefits" you are proposing to offer. We have no need for them. If we did, we would have chosen such an account, from another provider, that offered these at the time of transfer.

Since transferring all our day to day banking (including credit card and savings accounts) to Nationwide we have always fulfilled the agreed criteria for maintaining a FlexAccount and have made withdrawals in both Sterling, Euro and several other currencies during that time.
Why are we being penalised?

We await your comments.

Two very unhappy customers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 pm 
Forum Admin

Hi :greetings
Welcome to P.P
I think that someone else pointed the same thing the other day ,
I am not at pension age yet , so it does not concern me ..

welcome again

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body