Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Play Pool, Darts in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:24 am 

Hi, my friend and I are renting an apartment for four months. We are currently photography students and finish our two year course in June. We are looking to rent for a long period of time as we are hoping to move out permanently in the future and would like to experience life in Cyprus before hand. We were wondering if any one could give us any advise on subjects such as part-time jobs/banking/general living?

Sonia and Joanne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:18 am 
Web-Site Admin

Hi Sonia, and welcome to PP!

I'll try answer your questions generally, then you can ask more specific stuff as you need to:

Part-time jobs - not a great deal around at the moment, but if you're flexible you should be able to find something -best way to do this is visit potential employers once you've arrived - vast majority of hiring and firing takes place face to face over here

Banking - very easy to open accounts with any of the banks, just need your passport

General living - chilled out, laid back and generally a lot slower pace than you'll be used to!

If you're looking for somewhere to rent long term, here's a couple of sites with a very good selection:

http://www.cyprusresalesdirect.com
http://www.the-propertypeople.com

Good luck with the move!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 pm 

Thankyou for your reply.
We are booked up for June - October 2010.
It is more a restaurant/bar job we are looking for to help us out. Our plan was to phone around some places so we have jobs ready for when we arrive. I noticed you mentioned hiring is more face to face, I'm wondering if it is best for us to take the risk and wait until we come over to look for jobs?
We appreciate your help.

Sonia and Joanne.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:36 am 
Web-Site Admin

It's worth trying to ring around some places certainly, at least get your names known, but don't be too discouraged if it doesn't work out, actually approaching places directly is always likely to be more successful.

June-October are the busiest months for the bars & restaurants too, which improves your chances!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body