Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are you an early riser?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm 
Top of the pops

Paphos seafront fate decided

A COMPROMISE solution regarding the fate of Poseidonos Avenue in Paphos was taken late on Monday.

Paphos councillor Polis Polydorou confirmed that the newly upgraded seafront road would be open to traffic throughout the year, with specified restrictions in place between the months of June to September.

"During this four month period traffic will be able to use the road until 6pm when it will be closed to vehicles until 3AM the following morning,” he said.

"In addition, the area will be closed to traffic on Sundays throughout the year."

Polydorou explained that the solution was reached after taking into consideration,’ all the parameters and circumstances,’ referring to the plan as,’ the best solution for all parties at the present time.’

However the councillor stressed that although the new concept would be implemented form June that, “these measures are temporary and the situation will be reassessed after we have tried it for this initial period.”

The plan was based on recommendations made by Spyros Vougias, a professor of Aristotelion University in Greece, following studies he undertook of the area.

Following the first phase of the multi million euro upgrade of Paphos seafront two opposing sides emerged, one in support of the opening of the area to traffic, and one hoping to keep it as a pedestrianised walkway. It’s thought all parties concerned have been appeased by the temporary solution.

So, my question is.............

Whose gonna be up early enough to take down a barrier at 3 am.??

* I wondered why the taxi drivers demonstrated and blocked the avenue for 20 mins.
on Monday.............

Now I know.

They ARE NOT happy at the decision.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:22 pm 
Rock Star

Certainty not me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm 

Some policemen's job......I've seen them lowering the one outside the Waterhole at the end of bar a few times last summer

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body