Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:13 pm 

The administration of the fifth dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is set to begin on Thursday, the health ministry announced in a statement.

To be vaccinated with the fifth jab, five months must have elapsed since the administration of the third one. The fourth jab is still optional, according to the health ministry.

Deputy director of nursing services Evagoras Tambouris said the fifth dose would possibly be reserved for the elderly, those living in nursing homes, health professionals and vulnerable groups.

According to the health ministry, Pfizer vaccines are available at vaccination centres from Monday to Friday, while Moderna vaccines are available every Tuesday and Thursday.

Vaccination centres are located in Nicosia at the State Fair, in Larnaca at the Old Hospital, in Limassol at the Linopetra health centre, in Paphos at the Paphos general hospital and in Paralimni at the Famagusta health centre. All operate from 8am to 2.30pm.

Vaccination centres will also operate in Kyperounta at the village’s vaccination centre on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30am to 1.30pm and at Polis Chrysochous hospital every Tuesday from 9.30am to 1.30pm.

So far, a total 3,846 people have received the fourth jab since September 20.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Must admit we are both high vulnerable group
Rightly or wrongly
We have had 3 covid vaccinations and we are not stepping forwards for any more until these covid vaccinations are proven to protect us significantly from current strain of covid virus
Saying that ...we are not against vaccines at all
And we will be having our yearly flu jab against this year’s flu strain
As soon as they are here in Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:53 pm 
Rock Star

I am also in a vulnerable group and have have each of the four vaccines/boosters as soon as possible.

Despite being as careful as I could, I managed to get covid a little while back but suffered a little more than the symptoms of a cold, which I put down to having had all my shots.

I will be booking shot number five as soon as I am able.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body