Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:19 pm 

Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantela on Saturday said that Cypriot hospitals are ready to deal with an increased number of cases that might stemming from the rise of the Centaurus variant which is already spreading through parts of Europe.

He said that on Friday he participated in a lengthy meeting with relevant stakeholders, including the state health services organisation Okypy, as well as doctors and nursing unions.

“We all agreed that the coronavirus will be here in the coming months, so we have to find the formula so that our hospitals remain open and we don’t close them when we have an increase in hospitalisations,” the minister said.

The minister stressed that, at the same time, “our hospitals are fully prepared and if there are increased hospitalisations due to the new mutation, we will handle them”.

Asked to explain what will change in the way hospitals operate, Hadjipantela said that some procedural decisions were made, one example being applicable to patients “who come and block the emergency services”.

“We have agreed that there should be a council, maybe under the guidance of the Health Ministry, so that some elderly people, before they come to emergency services, can be offered some help by their personal doctors and nurses to see if they do indeed need hospitalisation,” the minister said.

He added that it was also decided to speed up PCR testing procedures in hospitals.

“We have also agreed that in some wards, where there is less risk, to house some patients there, rather than close an entire ward and make a disturbance, as has been done in the past,” he said.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:12 am 
Top of the pops

Sadly the scourge released upon our planet from Wuhan continues to evolve and change!
God forgive all of them that experimented and released this covid scourge amongst us all

My own thoughts ..I am triple vaccinated against the original virus ...not sure as the virus evolves any vaccinations now matter for any of us ...,because the virus has evolved so much .....hence I am seriously thinking against a 4 th vaccination if the vaccine is made against the first evolving virus

My son ...non vaccinated is now recovering from his third dose of covid

My question is!

Is covid that was released from Wuhan about destroying slowly all of us vaccinated or not ?

And is this why China want zero covid to get into China with their zero approach ...because they absolutely know the destruction that covid virus can slowly do to weaken all of society at any age

What on earth do they all know that we do not know yet!

As nothing is adding up!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body