Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:39 pm 

Over 10,000 new cases this week as Covid numbers continue to rise

In the past week three people in Cyprus have died from Covid while 10,879 new cases of the virus were identified, the ministry of health said on Friday.

The three deaths refer two men aged 75 and 87 who died last Friday and a woman aged 84 who died on Tuesday.

Their deaths bring to 1,075 the total number of people who have died in Cyprus since the start of the pandemic.

Meanwhile there are currently 75 patients with Covid in the island’s state hospitals, although it is not clear how many of these were admitted with the virus.

Of these, four are in a serious condition, one intubated in ICU and three in a high dependency unit. Two patients who are no longer testing positive continue to be treated in the ICU.

Meanwhile the new cases were found from 93,607 tests, giving a positivity rate of 11.62 per cent.

They bring to 515,596 the total number of cases of Covid seen on the island so far.

Among all tests 4,309 were PCR, among which 740 positives were found.

Meanwhile, 89,298 rapid tests were carried out resulting in 10,139 new positive cases.

Contact tracing saw 35 PCR tests carried out and nine new cases found.

In addition, 10 cases were found among 181 tests in the national guard, 29 were found in care homes from 4,218 tests and 13 were found in closed facilities from 3,126 tests.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:27 am 
Top of the pops

With an average life expectancy of 80.4 years I would say that the deceased above are following the norm.

As sad as it is for the individual, families and friends, nobody is immortal and the average for these 3 is 82 so above the norm.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:31 am 
Top of the pops

This is a dreadful virus ...it injures and kills some and leaves others untouched or with mild symptoms

All sad ...what ever the age if a person dies from this disease

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body