Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:46 am 

As of today, coronavirus-related entry requirements and the use of masks indoors in most areas has been scrapped.

All travellers, irrespective of their country of origin, will from Wednesday no longer be required to show a valid vaccination certificate or a certificate of recovery from coronavirus or a negative PCR or rapid antigen test.

Face masks will also no longer be required indoors with the exception of high-risk areas such as hospitals.

The use of face masks will remain mandatory in hospitals, clinics, care homes and other 24/7 facilities and structures for vulnerable groups as well as on means of mass transportation.

Face masks are recommended in crowded places, for people belonging to vulnerable groups and for those who come in contact with high-risk individuals, the ministry added.

Also as of Wednesday, visits to state and public hospitals will be allowed with a maximum number of two people per day provided they present a negative rapid or PCR test carried out in the last 48 hours. Only one person will be allowed per visit, the ministry clarified.

In exceptional cases, the number of people per visit may be increased with the approval of the hospital’s management.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:27 pm 
Top of the pops

A move forwards to normality returning

Omicron ll is supposed to be less dangerous than Omicron l

Fingers crossed all remain well

We will continue to wear our masks and clean our hands and trolley handles when we go into crowded supermarkets

I am just awaiting results of an antigen test to Covid sars 19 to see if I still have antibodies to protect me from severe infection or not

A relative of mine in the uk ...has sadly just died of Covid ...all of their internal organs one by one shut down ...so Covid although milder for some can still be dangerous to others

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body