Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:33 pm 

The health ministry announced on Thursday a slew of changes to the Covid-19 restrictions, ranging from the end of outdoor mask mandates from April 11 to a SafePass no longer being required in most work settings.

There are also changes to the length of time positive cases are required to isolate, as well as their close contacts.

In terms of travel the Cyprus Flight Pass will be scrapped from April 18, while unvaccinated travellers will only be required to provide proof of a negative 24-hour rapid test or 72-hour PCR test.

In his statements, Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantelas said that: “Today’s announcement of relaxing the measures must not be misinterpreted, Covid-19 is still here… Experts insist that Covid-19 is not a simple cold.”

Country categorisations will also be ditched from April 18, while under 12s will be exempt from Covid-19 checks, as Transport Minister Yiannis Karousos spoke ahead of further announcements which are expected by the health minister following the cabinet meeting.

The transport ministry later detailed the requirements for travellers, which are simplified to a few basic provisions.

Travellers are considered vaccinated if they have one of the following Covid-19 vaccines: Johnson&Johnson/Janssen, AstraZeneca, (Vaxzervia, Covishield, SKBio), Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, Sputnik V (Gam-Covid-Vac), Sinopharm (BBIBPCOVID-19), CovaVax, Sinovac (CoronaVac), Covaxin, Sputnik Light (only as a booster dose) and Novavax Nuvaxovid Covid-19.

Adults have no expiry date for their booster doses, while initial vaccination regimens – the initial two doses or one dose for Johnson recipients, for example – are valid for nine months from the date of their latest dose.

Travellers under the age of 18 who are vaccinated have no expiry date provided they have completed their initial vaccination regimen.

Travellers who have received J&J shots must wait two weeks, while all other vaccine recipients can travel straight after their vaccination.

Recovery certificates are accepted provided that they are issued by a nation’s government authorities and no more than 180 days have elapsed from the date of the first positive Covid-19 test, accepted in either print or digital form.

Many in the tourism sector have expressed concern that Cyprus could lose out to other nations which have scrapped all Covid-19 entry and travel requirements, while up until now travellers to the island had to fill out a cumbersome passenger locator form.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:42 pm 

Cabinet decides new relaxations of Covid-19 measures

After the conclusion of the cabinet meeting, Health Minister Michael Hadjipantelas referred to the new relaxation of Covid-19 measures which will be valid as of 11 April:

As of 11 April, no protective masks outside
As of 11 April, no SafePass at work places. It is recommended that self-test are conducted in case of symptoms. Workers at old people’s homes and medical centers, as well as health professionals are exempted.
As of 18 April, no SafePass needed in retail trade and malls (restaurants in malls are exempted).
As of 11 April people who have been isolated due to Covid-19, can be released on the 7th day without a Rapid Test, provided they have no symptoms. Earlier release can be achieved if they test negative to a PCR test on the 5th day at their own cost.
As of 11 April, self-isolation period of close contacts reduced to 5 from 7, provided they do not have symptoms.
As of 11 April, period of “test to stay” measure to be reduced from 7 to 5 day, wherever the measure is applied.
As of 11 April, “test to stay” measure to apply to afternoon activities of students.
As of 11 April, no need to show SafePass to businesses serving the public, as well as Departments/Services of the state.
As of 11 April, 100% capacity in cinemas and theaters.
As of 11 April, distant working only recommended to 25% of businesses and state organizations.
As of 11 April, visits to patients in public and private hospitals permitted but rapid test needed.
As of 2 May, upon their return to schools, students must show 48hour rapid test and then7-day rapid test.
As of 11 April, organization of camping allowed with SafePass.
As of 15 April the announcement of positive cases, deaths, hospitalizations will be done weekly.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:55 am 

Having totally muddled the waters, ROC for some reason thinks tourists will flock to these shores.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body