Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:56 pm 

Government advisor on coronavirus issues Petros Karayiannis announced Friday he has tested positive to Covid-19 and is experiencing symptoms.

Speaking to state television, the doctor, who received the booster jab, said he caught the virus from his granddaughter who got it at her school and was found positive last Sunday.

The professor of microbiology and molecular virology at the medical school of the university of Nicosia added he is not feeling very well, as he has a bad cough and fever. :doh

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:51 am 
Top of the pops

Whoop de doo, lets stop the world for some coughs and flu.

He should now be thankful he and his grand daughter have had it and a chance to build up and immunity naturally.

I hope he hasnt had both previous injections or encouraged his family to do so as the most recent statement from UK gov states that immunity and ability to fight viruses of most types it irreparably damaged in those who get the virus after 2 jabs.

It is as you would expect in the small writing, but that usually the most important.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:11 pm 
Master

How can Karayiannis be so certain he caught Covid from his granddaughter and specifically last Sunday?

Both the source and day are open to interpretation when it is possible for members of the same family to not get Covid when one person tests positive and the incubation period varies by quite a few days (3-5 days after contact seems to be the average).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:54 pm 
Top of the pops

All of the people I have spoken to recently who have had covid in the last few weeks

Have all said that they where very poorly ...and that covid for them was nothing like a simple cold! It was much worse

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body