Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:05 pm 

The health ministry on Thursday clarified procedures to be followed by individuals who cannot be vaccinated against the coronavirus on medical grounds so that they can be exempted from SafePass checks with the CovScan app.

These checks are required in shops, hospitality, and most other venues.

Earlier this week, cabinet approved a health ministry proposal that this group of the population be exempted from having to acquire a European Digital Certificate.

This exemption applies to people who for medical reasons following a decision of the medical council are advised not to be vaccinated.

Individuals belonging to this group must fill in the necessary form and send it to [email protected], attaching all the documents listed on the form. They must submit a medical opinion from a health professional regarding the medical reason cited by the applicant. This procedure has been implemented since August 2021 to secure a certificate by exception for free rapid tests at testing sites operated by the health ministry.

In order to ensure uniform, fair and evidence-based examination of these applications, the health ministry said that it had, in cooperation with the Cyprus Medical Association, set up a special committee of health professionals of various specialties.

Applications which are not properly completed or not accompanied by the necessary documents, will be returned and there will be a delay in their examination by the committee, it added.

People who secure the above exemption must present the special card issued for them by the health ministry as well as a negative rapid or PCR test, carried out weekly.

Rapid tests at health ministry testing sites and PCR tests at public health clinics following an appointment arranged through the public health clinics coordinator on telephone 22523462 daily between 8.00 am and 1.00 pm are free of charge.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/12/16/coronavirus-clarifications-on-procedures-for-vaccine-exempt-status/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body