Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:37 pm 

The cabinet on Monday decided on mandatory state quarantine for Omicron cases or any other future variants as of this Wednesday in an attempt to prevent the spread of new variant of concern.

Close contacts of Omicron cases will also need to self-isolate, regardless of vaccination status, Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantelas announced after the meeting.

“Humanity is in a constant ‘war’ with a deadly virus that is changing faces, mutates, adapts and is transmitted faster and whose strikes are in some cases fatal and creates serious long-term problems in vital organs,” the health minister said.

According to the new measures, unvaccinated people will be banned from more venues as of this week.

Between December 15 and January 15, entry to social events such as weddings and baptisms and food establishments within hotels will be allowed only to people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine and present a negative PCR or rapid test, Hadjipantelas said.

According to the current measures, unvaccinated individuals will not be able to visit key sectors including restaurants, cafés, pubs, theatres and cinemas as of December 15.

During the same time period, vaccinated people who are declared as close contacts of a confirmed coronavirus case will be obliged to undergo a rapid test within 72 hours and a free PCR test on the seventh day. Excluded are those who have received the booster dose.

Christmas events organised by companies and other organisations will be cancelled unless the relevant health protocols are followed, the minister added.

As of December 15, passengers arriving in Cyprus will also be required to undergo a free rapid test 72 hours from the day of their arrival. Testing will be carried out at the health ministry’s testing units upon presentation of a boarding pass. Excluded are those who received the booster jab.

Read more here:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/12/13/coronavirus-mandatory-quarantine-for-omicron-cases-and-suspected-cases/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body