Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:35 pm 

Mask, SafePass introduced for children, Christmas events cancelled

The government on Wednesday announced new measures to fight the Covid surge, including mask mandates for children aged six and above and SafePass for those between six and 11.

Health Minister Michalis Hadjipantelas said the mask mandate has been extended to children aged six and above starting November 29. Children between six and 11 will also need SafePasses. The SafePass would need either a certificate of recovery from the virus in the past six months, or a negative test not older than seven days.

Also starting November 29, primary school children will be tested on a weekly basis until the Christmas break.

Christmas events at schools have been banned while those elsewhere would need special permission.

From December 15, people aged 12 and above who have not received at least one shot of a Covid vaccine will be banned from hospitality venues, cinemas, theatres, and sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor.

A SafePass will also be mandatory for those between the ages of 14 and 64 starting November 29.

Starting December 1, adults over 18 who have not been vaccinated would need a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or a 48-hour negative rapid test.

The minister also announced the introduction of self-tests starting December 13, stressing however, that they will not be considered substitutes for the current testing system.

The cost of the self-tests will be subsidised by the government when it comes to vaccinated individuals while unvaccinated people would have to pay for them themselves.

From December 12 onwards, no SafePass will be valid seven months after the second dose of a Covid vaccine without the holder having received a booster.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/11/24/coronavirus-mask-safepass-introduced-for-children-christmas-events-cancelled/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body