Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:41 pm 

Please read the link below
https://www.paphospeople.com/ppforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35896

Basically, from Monday, your Republic of Cyprus Vaccination Cards (from hospital or wherever) will NO LONGER BE VALID as a safe pass

The EU DIGITAL PASSPORT is valid and can be downloaded or printed using this link....takes about 3 minutes

https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/

'Establishment' will have to scan your pass and if 'not valid' and they allow you in, they could be subject to a €3,000 fine

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:15 pm 

Thankfully they have realised Monday is not possible so the date has been set for !/12/21 .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:20 pm 
Rock Star

Why thankfully? Surely anything that stops people with fake Safe Passes has to be a good thing for all of us?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:10 pm 

awee drink wrote:
Thankfully they have realised Monday is not possible so the date has been set for !/12/21 .

NOT SO...

The introduction of electronic scanning of the SafePass will start on Monday on a voluntary basis, the health ministry said on Friday, to ease businesses into the measure until November 22 when it will be made mandatory.

The health ministry announced that it was now decided that a transitional period will be given before the introduction of mandatory electronic scanning of the SafePass. This starts on Monday and will continue up to November 22 when it will be made mandatory.

It was initially announced that as of Monday, it would be mandatory for all businesses to carry out SafePass checks through the CovScan application. Earlier on Monday a health ministry spokesperson said the adjustment period would end on December 1, while they later announced this would now be on November 22.

Businesses were urged however to gradually start using the CovScan application so that they are ready by November 22.

Both the health ministry and Deputy Minister for Innovation Kyriacos Kokkinos said on Friday that discussion was underway for arrangements for those who do not have a smart phone and people over 65 who cannot present the digital SafePass or the QR code in print form.

Kokkinos said they had suggested to the health minister that this group of people can present their vaccination card instead, but that any special arrangements will be finalised very soon.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:12 pm 

Agree but 4 days notice did not seem very sensible it has now changed to 22/11/21 watch this space. :booboo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:33 pm 
Top of the pops

....so the establishment scan our print copy do they?!! Or do we now have to download it to our phone?!! If it's on our phones why does the establishment need to svan it, and who gets the green, orange or red warning message?!!!

Rgds confuddled in Kissonerga!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:48 pm 
Rock Star

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
....so the establishment scan our print copy do they?!! Or do we now have to download it to our phone?!! If it's on our phones why does the establishment need to svan it, and who gets the green, orange or red warning message?!!!

Rgds confuddled in Kissonerga!

The venues have to have a copy of the CovScan application which can scan the QR code on either your paper copy or a copy on your phone. The app then checks it and gives the person at the venue either a green, orange or red light which tells them whether or not you can come in.

Anyone with a fake Safe Pass should get the red light and get turned away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:19 pm 

Unless the venue ALSO checks the ID of the person presenting the pass, what's to stop someone walking in with a friends pass that will show green?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 pm 
Rock Star

They are supposed to check IDs, aren't they?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:28 am 
Top of the pops

I've been saying all along that Mickey Mouse could walk in with Donald Duck's Safe Pass as there are NO ID checks!

Thanks for the clarification, I am not remotely techy so will ask a 5yr old to download the necessary to my phone!

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:55 am 

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
I've been saying all along that Mickey Mouse could walk in with Donald Duck's Safe Pass as there are NO ID checks!

Thanks for the clarification, I am not remotely techy so will ask a 5yr old to download the necessary to my phone!

Piece of doddle DD just click on this link will only take 2 - 3 minutes to complete https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:40 pm 
Top of the pops

I did all that when I had my vaccinations but obviously we didn't have the link then to keep it on our phones so just printed it off -wil try again to download to my phone - the pieces of paper are getting very tatty!

:clap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
DollyDaydream1 wrote:

Piece of doddle DD just click on this link will only take 2 - 3 minutes to complete https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/

Your link sadly not working for me MAD ...maybe busy

On my phone I can go into APP store and get cyprus covid Pass ...it accepts my scan of my vaccine certificate ....but will not accept my TAN code

Any ideas any one?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:00 am 
Top of the pops

Tomorrow I have a hospital appointment at the Mediterranean Hospital, Limassol, to review recent surgery with my consultant, for which attendance I require a rapid test. Because the appointment is early I will not be able to have the test tomorrow, so I had it done in Chlorakas yesterday. I asked the lab, before attending, if the test results would have the QR code now required. I was told it would, so I rocked up at 7 yesterday and had my test, the report of which had a large QR code on the page.
As I left the lab, the tester told me that the QR code wasn't the government code and that I would have to get a code from an unnamed government web site.
As the new rules are not starting tomorrow as first mooted, I left it at that and used the result print to go shopping, where supermarket security just glanced at it and nodded me through.
This morning I spotted this post and the link to the government site so I thought I would see if it worked.
I entered the correct data from the report and my birthdate and it reported 'not found'. Brilliant! However I tried again with the same information and this time it worked and I got the requisite form.
It's all very clever, though I can't imagine supermarkets are going to welcome the extra work needed to validate the government forms, especially when the site becomes clogged up with shoppers.
I also cannot see the point of it, given that you can get a form if vaccinated, when it is clear to anyone who can read a spreadsheet that the vaccines neither stop the infection nor prevent the vaccinated from spreading it. At best it may provide some respite from the worst effects of the infection, though given that fully vaccinated people are being hospitalised and dying, it appears only to bestow a false sense of security and perhaps creates a pool of super spreaders infected but displaying few symptoms.
Testing to visit hospitals, which are the major pinch points, seems wise, but for the rest it is a pointless intrusion on normal life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:18 am 

migmogs wrote:
M.A.D wrote:
DollyDaydream1 wrote:

On my phone I can go into APP store and get cyprus covid Pass ...it accepts my scan of my vaccine certificate ....but will not accept my TAN code

Any ideas any one?

Thanks in advance

This is the link for the (PDF) file https://wiki.eudcc.gov.cy/en/COVPASS_iOS_EN.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:54 pm 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
M.A.D wrote:
DollyDaydream1 wrote:

Any ideas any one?

Thanks in advance

You need to get a new QR code as TAN code will only work in conjunction with the one freshly downloaded from website. Hope this makes sense. I found it out the hard and frustrating way a few months ago!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:30 pm 
Top of the pops

Tallulah Savage wrote:
migmogs wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

Any ideas any one?

Thanks in advance

You need to get a new QR code as TAN code will only work in conjunction with the one freshly downloaded from website. Hope this makes sense. I found it out the hard and frustrating way a few months ago!!

Thank you :grin:
Still cannot get past the blank screen to redo new TAN ...if I could get access to the government screen ...I could do it in a nano second .....think our phones and iPads technology are too old ...asking today for help from someone who has newer phones and better IT than both myself and husband have...to get both his and mine safe passes into our phones. Fingers crossed xx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:37 pm 
Master

It is easy for a person who has had a rapid test to send their results to other phones, via email etc. so why isn't this loophole closed first before resorting to such an elaborate scheme?

I have never been asked to produce ID when my SafePass was checked - surely this would be the next logical step?

Have the feeling many people are not going to be able to enter premises requiring a SafePass when the QR code is enforced, even though they have the correct documentation - just because they do not have access to the correct type of phone etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:48 pm 
Top of the pops

I have now given up with the phone for now!

And had the paper copy laminated
So that it won,t become tatty

If anyone techy is out there who wants to help me to put this europass onto my phone

Please message me

Take care all

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body