Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:27 am 

Boosters for those over 80 from Monday

The vaccination portal will be open from Monday for booster shot appointment for those 80 and over, the health ministry announced on Saturday.

The vaccinations will start on Wednesday.

People 80 and over will also be able to go to the walk-in centres without any appointment for a booster shot from Monday. Eligible are those who received their second dose at least six months prior to the booster shot date.

Beneficiaries in this age group who completed their vaccination regime abroad will not be able, for now, to book an appointment for a third dose through the portal but can go to the walk-ins in all districts Mondays to Thursdays, between 8am and 1pm.

For the third dose mRNA technology vaccines are used.

People must present an ID, passport, or an Aliens Registration Certificate (ARC) and their vaccination card.

The health ministry also announced that between October 4 and 14, the portal will not be accepting appointments for first doses due to technical upgrades.

People wishing to receive the first dose of a vaccine during this period are urged to go to the walk-in centres.

By the end of September 81 per cent of the adult population had received at least the first dose of a vaccine and 78.1 per cent were fully vaccinated.

So far 12,100 people have received a booster shot.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/10/02/coronavirus-boosters-for-those-over-80-from-monday/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body