Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 am 

Members of the public aged over 65 are expected to be invited to book a third Covid vaccine dose from next week, the ministry of health said on Monday.

Technical issues related to the portal were expected to be resolved by then so that the public could login and make an appointment for the third jab, Health ministry spokeswoman Margarita Kyriakou told the Cyprus Mail.

Read full story:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/09/20/coronavirus-portal-set-to-open-next-week-for-third-jabs/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:01 am 
Top of the pops

Some of us in the higher at risk groups have had phone calls from the Ministry to book these already, over 3000 have had it now!

They called me at 9am Sunday morning to tell me I was on the list and that I should speak to my consultant on Monday to ask his opinion then call them back!

What a total farce, he said don't have the 3rd one until 6mths after the 2nd one (this would mean end of December!)! So I tried many times to get through to the Ministry again to tell them and eventually spoke to someone (who was otherwise preoccupied) and wasn't paying attention. She asked me silly questions which she had the answers to on her screen as she was looking at my Gesy file....!

Anyway apparently there won't be any more vaccinations after this so if you want it go get it now - only Pfizer, Biontech and Moderna though regardless of what your first one was!

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:50 am 
Rock Star

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
don't have the 3rd one until 6mths after the 2nd one (this would mean end of December!)

As you are in a higher risk group why were you left so late for your second jab?

I have a supressed immune system but am not considered high risk, yet I had my second jab in April.

I don't mean to pry, I am just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 pm 
Top of the pops

I didn't leave it late at all, I just did as my GP and consultant suggested.

I too have a compromised immune system with suffering from MS but I just find it amusing that the MoH are suddenly trying to round everyone up ringing them at 9am on a Sunday morning whereas 6mths ago they couldn't 'find' people on their 'system'....!

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:23 pm 
Rock Star

So your GP and consultant told you to delay your vaccinations?

At least you have had them now. I am so thankful that my doctor got my appointments made as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed they keep working.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:26 pm 
Top of the pops

No they didn't 'delay' them as such we were waiting to see if any side effects were reported from others on my medication, and bearing in mind I've recently had a baby too!

I'm sure everything will be fine now - my glass is always half full! :lol:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body