Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:53 am 

A Chinese-made face mask circulating in the European market does not comply with the personal protection measures regulation and could increase risk of infection, the labour inspection department said on Wednesday.

In a warning to the public, the department said a face mask under the brand name Unihope which claims to have a foam barrier, ventilation and be dustproof has insufficient retention of particles (less than 62 per cent).

“Consequently, an excessive number of particles or microorganisms may pass through the mask increasing the risk of infection even if combined with additional measures of protection,” the department said.

The product is circulating in a blue and yellow carton box of 10 masks which read KN95 on them.

The mask was described as a “dangerous product which does not meet the current legislation setting out the essential safety and health requirements”.

If people identify the specific product in the market, they should inform the relevant officers of the department at 22405663 or 22405603 or 22405604.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/09/01/coronavirus-dangerous-brand-of-face-mask-in-circulation/
Attachment:
face-mask.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body