Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 am 

On Monday my eldest son in the UK took his car for an M.O.T
He is always extremely careful with regard to Covid and follows all the rules. He and his wife are both ‘double vaxed’

He dropped off the car and sat outside the garage away from everyone else whilst the test was done. Once finished, he drove straight home.

On Monday night he said he felt like he had been run over by a bus and subsequently tested positive…..yesterday morning, his wife was also tested positive

Please remember, YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE just because you have been vaccinated

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am 
Rock Star

M.A.D wrote:
On Monday my eldest son in the UK took his car for an M.O.T
He is always extremely careful with regard to Covid and follows all the rules. He and his wife are both ‘double vaxed’

He dropped off the car and sat outside the garage away from everyone else whilst the test was done. Once finished, he drove straight home.

On Monday night he said he felt like he had been run over by a bus and subsequently tested positive…..yesterday morning, his wife was also tested positive

Please remember, YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE just because you have been vaccinated

So sorry to hear that.

Isn't it unlikely that there is a connection with the MOT? Once you are exposed to the virus it usually takes 5 to 12 days for symptoms to become apparent meaning it is more likely that they were exposed last week sometime.

But do remember that even though you can still catch the virus if you have been vaccinated, the chances of severe symptoms or having to be hospitalised are significantly reduced.

I hope that they both make speedy recoveries.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:05 am 
Top of the pops

Hope that they make a fast and full recovery as soon as possible

And yes...that the vaccines protect against severe covid illness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:38 am 

NHS (Scotland) Track and Trace confirmed to my son this afternoon that 4 further positive cases had been identified from people who had been at the garage at different times on Monday (3 male / 1 female)

Maybe coincidence or maybe the scientists may have to re-assess their estimate on how quickly symptoms can show

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:22 pm 
Major

My wife and I, both double vaccinated, I had Pfizer, my wife Astra Zenica, are just recovering from a dreadful dose of Covid, we had been vaccinated in April, have been very careful, only eaten at outside tables until 2 weeks ago, always wearing a mask but my wife caught it first and I followed 2 days later.

We have been told it's at least 2 days before any signs of infection but can be up to 12 days, however when they say the vaccine stops severe infection, I think they should rephrase that to the vaccine stops very severe infection as I would definitely describe this as severe.

So do take care it'd not mild.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Glang3000 wrote:
My wife and I, both double vaccinated, I had Pfizer, my wife Astra Zenica, are just recovering from a dreadful dose of Covid, we had been vaccinated in April, have been very careful, only eaten at outside tables until 2 weeks ago, always wearing a mask but my wife caught it first and I followed 2 days later.

We have been told it's at least 2 days before any signs of infection but can be up to 12 days, however when they say the vaccine stops severe infection, I think they should rephrase that to the vaccine stops very severe infection as I would definitely describe this as severe.

So do take care it'd not mild.

Thank you for your warning

Sorry to hear that you both caught Covid and where so poorly

Glad that you are now both on the mend

Xx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:38 pm 
Rock Star

Glang3000 wrote:
I think they should rephrase that to the vaccine stops very severe infection as I would definitely describe this as severe.

So sorry to hear that you have been so ill. Which hospital were you in? Were you taken to Paphos General or did you go to Famagusta?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body