Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:00 pm 

Morphou Bishop Neophytos has tested positive for the coronavirus but is so far experiencing mild symptoms, reports said on Wednesday.

Neophytos is not vaccinated.

Alpha television said the bishop had symptoms of the virus in the past few days and was tested on Tuesday.

Neophytos has repeatedly expressed opposition to the vaccine, despite the Holy Synod encouraging the faithful to get inoculated. He said he would not get the jab, because he did not want to become like a genetically modified product.

“I will not become a mutated product of the new order of things, just like the tomatoes we eat year-round and which and are sick and tasteless. That is how the world will become, sick and tasteless,” the bishop said last December.

The bishop was also accused of breaking measures against the spread of coronavirus by encouraging his congregation to attend church services when they were banned and refused to pay a fine imposed on him for his actions.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/08/18/coronavirus-anti-covid-vaccine-bishop-tests-positive-reports/

Attachment:
a5EQDxG_700b.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:52 pm 
Top of the pops

KARMA IS A WONDERFUL THING!

:celeb2 :celeb2 :celeb2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes!
The virus does not exist!
:tumble :tumble :tumble :conspiracy :conspiracy :conspiracy :explode :explode :explode

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:17 pm 
Regular

What goes around, comes around KARMA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:22 pm 
Master

Regardless of anyone's stance on whether or not to have the Covid vaccine, I am disappointed at the unsympathetic comments.
Especially as even those who have been vaccinated may also be hospitalised and can transmit the virus and from recent articles the efficiency of some vaccines may wane over time.

Wishing everyone who has Covid a speedy and full recovery and support to their families.
In the meantime, keep on taking extra precautions - you never know if you may be one of the unfortunate people!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
I am disappointed at the unsympathetic comments.!

I understand your comment but it can be difficult to be sympathetic to people in authority who have not only taken no steps to protect themselves, but have also actively encouraged those around them to ignore the rules and not get vaccinated , putting significant numbers of people at risk, potentially sentencing some of them to an avoidable death!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:02 am 

I have the utmost empathy and sympathy for anyone WHO HAS TAKEN EVERY POSSIBLE PRECAUTION to try to prevent themselves and their friends or family from getting this terrible virus but still get infected...possibly from someone who has done nothing and refuses to do anything that could avoid it :huff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:44 am 
Master

How many people have passed on information or made decisions based on what they heard at the local pub?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:01 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
How many people have passed on information or made decisions based on what they heard at the local pub?

So, you're saying that the bishop of Morphou became an anti vaxxer and encouraged his parishioners not to follow the rules on the basis of something that he heard in the pub?

Are you sure?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 am 
Master

I was casting the net a little wider to indicate how people can be influenced by discussing topics with other people rather than rely on official guidelines or scientific data.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body