Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 am 

The transport ministry is recalling that as of August 13, all passengers planning to travel to Cyprus by presenting either the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate or the Covd-19 Recovery Certificate – issued by authorities in EU member states, the member states of the European Economic Area as well as Switzerland – must present it in the EUDCC/ EU Digital Certificate format.

The ministry also noted that those wanting to obtain the EUDCC – EU Digital Certificate issued by the Cyprus government, must visit the website: http://www.eudcc.gov.cy.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/08/12/coronavirus-all-travellers-must-have-green-pass-in-eu-format-as-of-friday/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:47 am 
Rock Star

I got mine when they first became available. It was very quick and easy to do and certainly makes life easier when you are travelling or need to enter an establishment that requires proof of vaccination.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:32 pm 
Rock Star

Don't think this includes travellers from the UK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:23 pm 

J B wrote:
Don't think this includes travellers from the UK

No it doesn't it only applies to those issued by authorities in EU member states, the member states of the European Economic Area as well as Switzerland – must present it in the EUDCC/ EU Digital Certificate format.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:59 am 
Rock Star

I recently went on a cruise from Limassol. One the way back we all had to have rapid tests on the ship in readiness for arrival, but when we got to Immigration all they wanted were our passports and our EUDCC vaccination certificates.

I have also now seen people being turned away from shops trying to get in with their original vaccination cards, so getting the digital one really is a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
I recently went on a cruise from Limassol. One the way back we all had to have rapid tests on the ship in readiness for arrival, but when we got to Immigration all they wanted were our passports and our EUDCC vaccination certificates.

I have also now seen people being turned away from shops trying to get in with their original vaccination cards, so getting the digital one really is a good idea.

Which shops turned people away from showing their vaccination cards?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:45 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:

Most recently H&M in Nicosia.

I know it was covered in the Cyprus Mail that the original cards are no longer valid proof of vaccination, but it is the first time I have seen people actively turned away trying to use one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
migmogs wrote:

Most recently H&M in Nicosia.

I know it was covered in the Cyprus Mail that the original cards are no longer valid proof of vaccination, but it is the first time I have seen people actively turned away trying to use one.

I have never read that vaccination cards are no longer accepted as a safe pass ....I have shown my vaccination card which I have had laminated ...in my daughters hotel, in the Mall , shops , Resteraunts and I have never been turned down once ...yet

Not everyone has posh phones ....so vaccination cards especially for those without phones will probably have to continue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:26 pm 

You can get it here:- https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/ you can also download it as a 'hard copy' like the vaccination certificate if you wish and fold and laminate
Did it when they first came out in case we needed to travel

Very easy to complete in a few minutes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:56 pm 
Top of the pops

I am on my husbands phone alongside of him for vaccination ID
So we use that when out together

But for myself...I hardly take my phone anywhere ...it is not glued to me lol
I have my drivers liscence and my vaccination card with me always

I will now see about putting this information onto my phone.

Even though we are not looking to travel anywhere

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm 
Rock Star

It is handy to have it on your phone, but I carry a printed version with me. It is a piece of A4 that you fold twice to make it a quarter of the size, so it is not a huge thing to carry about.

As Dave says, you can laminate it is you wish. Mine isn't isn't laminated but when it gets tatty I will just print another one.

When I presented mine at Immigration they just scanned the QR code on it, checked it against my passport and handed it straight back. Job done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:57 am 

I also don’t have an Android or IPhone
My ‘mobile’ is 20 years old…….it rings if someone call or beeps if someone sends me a text
It doesn’t have G4, G5 or a G string
I don’t need to play games; take pictures of my food in a restaurant; listen to music; watch movies; pay at a till or find out where I am standing.
I don’t have to worry that I will lose my phone or have it stolen, I don’t have to worry that I will have a flat battery or that the technology ‘goes down’ when all my information is on it. (How many people back up their phone info, photographs etc to a hard drive....just in case?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 am 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
I also don’t have an Android or IPhone
My ‘mobile’ is 20 years old…….it rings if someone call or beeps if someone sends me a text
It doesn’t have G4, G5 or a G string
I don’t need to play games; take pictures of my food in a restaurant; listen to music; watch movies; pay at a till or find out where I am standing.
I don’t have to worry that I will lose my phone or have it stolen, I don’t have to worry that I will have a flat battery or that the technology ‘goes down’ when all my information is on it. (How many people back up their phone info, photographs etc to a hard drive....just in case?

Same here !
My phone accepts/sends text messages and receives/makes phone calls .... Only !
I just carry my Passport & the slip of paper issued when I had the Covid vaccine. :sunny

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body