Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 am 

I’m surprised the numbers are not higher

I was at Paphos airport yesterday evening to collect someone and as previously arranged, told them to come out the building and head over to the car park and I would meet them there.
This idea had obviously been considered by a large quantity of others since it was busy…HOWEVER…the majority were ex-pat, older males and MOST had NO MASKS…. :tickedoff
What is the matter with these people? Arrogance?, Ignorance? or just bloody mindedness?
When the people they were meeting came out from 2 London flights, a conservative estimate of 75% were not wearing masks and immediately started hugging and kissing etc :doh

The person I was meeting was telling me that people were taking off their masks as soon as they got into the baggage reclaim area and that although there was a police presence, they just stood looking. :huff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:24 am 
Top of the pops

Madness prevails

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:59 pm 
Master

These are most likely to be the people you overhear complaining that the younger generation is not taking up the vaccination and other comments blaming everyone other than themselves for such high daily new positive case numbers.

I meet too many older residents who think they are now immune to Covid because they have had the complete course of injections (1 or 2 depending on the vaccine used) and are carrying on with their lives just as they did in 2019. Others state they are aware they can still get Covid and pass it on but the fact they have had the vaccine means it will be much less serious.

All have dropped their guard accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:11 am 
Top of the pops

After today’s thousands of people gathering not to accept Safe Pass in Nicosia
Expect another surge of the very virulent Delta

Thanks guys and girls
Just what we all needed ....NOT

And from the pictures
Few wore masks

What do they all want? Another Lock Down?

SafePass and Lockdowns are about hospital capacity
People with brains know this!

My mind boggles...today it is announced that Paphos GN wards will be closing a lot of their wards
As staff are moved to Limassol GN to help care for covid patients

Take a deep breath ...we are not all idiots!

Hands, face, space, ventilated places .....even if you are vaccinated!

Stay safe all

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:37 pm 
Regular

Yes I saw the demonstration Migmogs - not good!

Today we had two lads possibly late 20's early 30's fit laminate in our hall. One of them told us that he had had covid and for him it was no worse than flu however he had his first jab which made him very ill indeed in fact he was driving his van when his eyesight went so blurry that he had to pull over and ring his dad to come out.. So now he says he is not going to get the 2nd jab! I asked him if he had perhaps had the jab too soon after he had covid and he agreed it was a possibility, I told him I had been ill with my first but no problems at all with my 2nd but I doubt I convinced him so how many more are like him? He did say he has to do fast flow tests every couple of days as he is s/e so will it ever end?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body