Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:01 am 

To all those who are too arrogant to wear a mask; wear a mask properly cover the mouth AND nose; sanitize; think they are ‘immune’ because they have been vaccinated and don’t / won’t follow the current rules…get ready for another possible LOCK-DOWN’; curfew and SMS permissions to go out

The Council of Ministers will meet on Friday and will discuss the possibility of new measures to stem the surge in coronavirus cases, government spokesman Marios Pelekanos said on Wednesday.

In a written statement, Pelekanos said the cabinet meeting that was scheduled for today has been postponed for Friday.

He added that during Friday’s session, officials will discuss the possibility of implementing further measures to more effectively deal with the surge in cases.

On Tuesday, a record of 1,081 cases and two deaths were reported.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/14/coronavirus-cabinet-to-discuss-possible-new-measures-on-friday/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:46 pm 

The government is considering imposing stricter measures in night clubs and hospitality venues in a bid to stem the spread of Covid infections, which surged to over 1,000 per day in the past 48 hours with the number of hospitalisations also rising, reports said on Thursday.

Authorities were pinpointing the venues where the most clusters have been identified and were looking to impose stricter protocols in an effort to contain the rapid spread of what appears to be the Delta variant of the virus.

Experts have proposed tougher measures at night clubs and hospitality venues, one being strict enforcement of the SafePass, banning dancing, and cutting the number of people per table who would have to remain seated.

A report also suggested presenting a SafePass at kiosks, supermarkets, bakeries, and pharmacies, but it is widely agreed that it would be too difficult to enforce, especially when it comes to places with a single employee.

The decisions are expected on Friday after a cabinet meeting scheduled for 11am.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Thank you Dave for your update

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body