Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:56 pm 

“For now, people must show their vaccination card, or the result of a negative Covid-19 test no older than 72 hours when visiting businesses and venues,” Kokkinos said.

On Thursday, the permanent secretary of the deputy ministry for research, innovation and digital policy Stelios Himonas said that people in the island will soon be able to download a mobile application with which they can prove they have received the jab or taken a PCR or rapid test.

The application will be called “CovPass”. It has already been submitted for approval to the AppStore and to Google Play and is set to be released in the upcoming days.

Himonas added that the internal SafePass, whether in print or digital form, is not a travel document, but rather an added proof that can be used to facilitate travel or access to certain venues or businesses that require a vaccine or a negative test.

In order to travel across border, like Kokkinos said, people must have a valid EU digital Covid certificate.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/09/coronavirus-eu-digital-covid-certificate-currently-only-for-travel/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Is this in force now Dave?

Do we all have to show a safe pass for going into Resteraunts , bars and supermarkets?

Or is it coming into force?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:38 am 

migmogs wrote:
Is this in force now Dave?

Do we all have to show a safe pass for going into Resteraunts , bars and supermarkets?

Or is it coming into force?

It's in force NOW.......................... NOT required for supermarkets or other shops who sell food

“If the police come in and check a table and see that there are customers without a SafePass, then both the customers and the owner [of the business] will be fined,”
€300 fine if customers are caught. and up to €4000 for the bar or restaurant. A second offence carried the same fines and a third offence, the establish will lose their license to trade.

There are however at least a couple of 'establishments' in Coral Bay who have said they will not be following the decree

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:26 am 
Top of the pops

I will start to carry my vaccination card out with me

When we go out to dinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:37 am 
Top of the pops

Last evening whilst eating at one of our favourite places the owner told us that he'd had about 25 people during the day (mostly Russian) arrive and leave when he asked them to produce their proof of vaccination! so they either didn't have it OR they didn't want to let a stranger see their 'personal' details!!

Apparently the fine for the establishment for non compliance is actually based on area so this chap would've faced a fine of 8000 Euros!

Come on guys you play by the rules of the country you're in!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:59 am 

Fully agree DD

Purely for research purposes ;) I visited several establishments in the Coral Bay / Peyia area last night and was asked for my ‘Safepass’ in all but 2
The problem I had with one was being asked for my ‘Safepass’ by someone not wearing a mask :tickedoff :doh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:02 am 
Master

Best to carry your SafePass evidence with you all the time - one man was stopped going into a supermarket cafe by police and fortunately he had it in his vehicle so he went back for it.

Numerous posts yesterday of people being checked in places like Kings Avenue Mall, ERA etc so it's not just eateries and drinking places that the SafePass applies. At ERA some people were checked entering the store and again when they wanted to go to the cafe.

Tourists have to produce their Flight Pass form so this means everyone can be checked.

However, the popular EUDCC is not recognised according to this article, even though staff at many establishments were accepting it.

'The EU digital Covid certificate can only be used to travel across European borders but does not represent a valid certificate to access venues in Cyprus'
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/09/coro ... Flp2Ea7uFQ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:05 am 
Master

Some businesses may have additional measures to the SafePass requirement but must inform customers:

5. Businesses/establishments that will choose to accommodate only citizens who have been vaccinated or who have been ill during the last six months, should ensure that this is noted in a prominent area of the business/establishment, as well as inform citizens of their decision.

6.The owner or the manager of the business or the establishment is responsible for the implementation of the SafePass and other health measures. It is stressed that the Police and the authorized officers of the Services/Departments will continue to be responsible for the control and supervision of the measures.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... 2q1MjCxmLk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:46 am 

Just been told that D'Arcy's in Coral Bay was checked by police last night and they were fined €4,000 and 6 customers were fine €300 each

** this is second hand information at present we do not have supporting evidence...however...beware**

I have been updated that this is actually 'Duff Gen' :greetings :celebrate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:25 pm 
Rock Star

I have a feeling that I am going to be alone in this, but I wouldn't even entertain the idea of eating out in a restaurant at the moment as the risks are too high and there are still too many idiots about.

I know the people that own these places need to make a living, but not at the risk to my health.

Where possible and pensions permit I do order in takeaways though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:38 pm 
Regular

Thats exactly what we do in the UK Effsie. We have not had a meal out since Covid began even now we are double jabbed. Not a nice way to live but we are still alive! My neighbour always followed the rules although still went to bars,cafes, restaurants and she caught covid and was quite poorly, just after she recovered, she started going out again and was pinged by the NHS app and had to isolate again until today

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Wish safe pass could be used in big Philipos
My OH just been in
25 - 30 Russians all in there shopping with no masks on at all
Looked like they had just landed ...as trolleys full of food
And we wonder why as a small island we are struggling to keep the virus under control!
And are losing the fight!

:tickedoff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:06 pm 
Regular

M.A.D wrote:
Just been told that D'Arcy's in Coral Bay was checked by police last night and they were fined €4,000 and 6 customers were fine €300 each

** this is second hand information at at present we do not have supporting evidence...however...beware**

Surely this if factual would have made the news headlines.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:19 pm 
Top of the pops

From today's news : In Paphos the police conducted 671 checks and handed out fines to 8 citizens and 2 establishment employees for not abiding by the measures.

They never name and shame particluar businesses so who knows?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:37 pm 
Master

From Darcy's FB page:

''Darcy’s
31 m ·
Hi everyone we do hope you are all OK, just to let you know that people are stating that we and customers got fined last night, this did NOT happen, we didn’t even get a visit.
So if you do hear this yourselves being bandied about you can put them straight, I even thanked people on here last night for being so understanding and cooperative.
Thankyou for reading this and I hope it gives you peace of mind, take care.
With Regards team Darcy’s''

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:08 pm 

Glad to hear it..well done guys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Glad that they are okay
Great news

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:25 am 
Top of the pops

Bravo!

It may be the same scenario as the txt message scenario - how many people ever actually got stopped and asked for theirs but we always sent them anyway?

I don't think there are enough people to enforce these measures so some places will always sail 'close to the wind' and get away with breaking the rules!

We have a family christening today so it'll be interesting to see if everyone has a Safe Pass and how the checks are done!

;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:56 am 
Top of the pops

We where in Elisaveta last night ....and safe pass was asked of everyone who came in...
If they didn,t have a safe pass ...they where asked politely to iether drive back home and get their passes or told that they could not stay
Apparently a few people got upset ...but the majority of people had a safe pass with them

Edd said that he drove past Harris Bar and Brewery Bar today and both had large signs outside asking for Safe Pass to enter and had taped off so only one entry point in and out ...he was really impressed with how management where handling things ...bravo!

If all places do this ...people will soon remember to have their passes with them on their person

All that we can all hope for ...is that these measures help to control the ever growing virus numbers , hospital numbers from growing , people in critical care numbers from growing

And that businesses can all remain open and people can continue to go to work

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:36 pm 

Here's the problem being caused by arrogant customers :tickedoff

Police on Sunday issued four arrest warrants after attacks against officers by customers of a Limassol bar who were asked to present a SafePass.

The incident took place on Saturday evening when police officers went to a Limassol bar to check if customers there had a SafePass. The officers found around 200 people outside the bar, most of them not sitting at the tables or social distancing. Some of them were dancing outside, on the pavement where tables had been placed.

When the officers started asking people to present their SafePass, they were heckled. Some of the people there started pushing the officers, asking them to leave.

One person threw a glass at the patrol car, smashing a window.

Police said they issued four arrest warrants so far, while more could follow.

The bar’s owner was fined for violation of the law on infectious diseases, among other things.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/11/coronavirus-four-arrest-warrants-against-limassol-bar-customers/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:02 am 
Top of the pops

Happy to report that all went well at the family christening and after party, the owner of the establishment checked everyone (APPROX 160 all Cypriots except me!) and they all had their Safe Pass or certificate of vaccination!

:sunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:33 am 

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Happy to report that all went well at the family christening and after party, the owner of the establishment checked everyone (APPROX 160 all Cypriots except me!) and they all had their Safe Pass or certificate of vaccination!

WELL DONE THEM :clap Pity about idiots like these;-

Police on Sunday issued four arrest warrants after attacks against officers by customers of a Limassol bar who were asked to present a SafePass.

The incident took place on Saturday evening when police officers went to a Limassol bar to check if customers there had a SafePass. The officers found around 200 people outside the bar, most of them not sitting at the tables or social distancing. Some of them were dancing outside, on the pavement where tables had been placed.

When the officers started asking people to present their SafePass, they were heckled. Some of the people there started pushing the officers, asking them to leave.

One person threw a glass at the patrol car, smashing a window.

Police said they issued four arrest warrants so far, while more could follow.

The bar’s owner was fined for violation of the law on infectious diseases, among other things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:41 am 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:

Brilliant news
Showing that yes
Things can be checked without disruption

Glad that you had a wonderful family christening

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:10 am 
Top of the pops

Cheers MigMogs - we have a load of family things coming up as they're all playing catch up after lockdown - my brother in law's had to change the date of his wedding FOUR times now :-( !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:27 am 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Cheers MigMogs - we have a load of family things coming up as they're all playing catch up after lockdown - my brother in law's had to change the date of his wedding FOUR times now :-( !

Let’s hope that this safe pass system DD....helps us all to get back to some normality

Hope that your brother in law and his bride to be is able to get their wonderful wedding sorted as soon as possible

Enjoy your family events

Xx

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body