Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Watch this space UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:56 am 

We have been told by a reliable source that an announcement will be made at 19:00hr (7pm) tonight that a POSSIBLE lockdown of bars and restaurants till the end of the month is imminent and that after that time, access will only be permitted with a 'Safepass' anyone found by the police in an establishment without the relevant pass will be fine €300 and the establishment owner €4,000 a 2nd offence will carry the same penalties and a 3rd offence, the establishment will lose their licence

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Post subject: Re: Watch this space
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 pm 
Rock Star

Well, we have to do something to control the exponential growth in infections.

I drove through Kennedy Square the other night and all the bars were heaving, mostly by people in their twenties, all crammed together and not a mask to be seen, other than on the staff. With stupidity like that it's hardly surprising that things are getting worse.

So many people are losing their jobs and their income because they cannot get back to work due to the younger selfish generation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:32 pm 

Just take a look at how many flights into paphos today 14 with Ryanair alone from various european countries inspite of Cyprus in the red category 16 tomorrow and they don't fly empty. How is Cyprus going to cope with more positive cases when I am sure the number tonight will be 4digits putting us into deep red for travel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:06 pm 
Top of the pops

I feel so angry and annoyed
For those needing to work and those businesses who have followed the rules to the letter will not now be open

But some of the things we have seen in Peyia at two musical events as we drove past and have seen the pictures and videos on social media

Everyone laughing, singing and all up dancing without a care in the world!

And all older people not younger people and should know better ...but brain dead ....as they think that because they are vaccinated and it is summer ...there now is no virus!

Idiots every last one of them!

And the refusal to wear a mask when going to the toilets! The smallest room in the building enclosed with no ventilation ..and so full of covid potential ......grrrrr

I feel so angry right now!

Because if this happens ...it is the idiots once again ruining it for everyone who is being responsible and sensible!

:helpdesk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:33 pm 

Stepping up efforts to contain a surge in coronavirus cases, the health ministry said on Friday that from July 13, cinemas and theatres will be obliged to implement rules equivalent to those required of football pitches.

In a written announcement, the ministry said that following a reevaluation of measures at the last two sessions of cabinet, an amended decree will be issued on July 12 with the following requirements:

From July 13 to 20, entrance to theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas and spectators’ halls will be permitted only for people that have completed their vaccination or have received the first jab and at least three weeks have passed, people with a 72-hour negative PCR and people who have had Covid-19 in the past six months, with 50 per cent occupancy of the venue.

From July 21 entrance to the same venues will be permitted only to people who have completed their vaccination or had Covid-19 in the past six months up to 75 per cent of occupancy or only for people that have completed their vaccination or have received the first jab and at least three weeks have passed, people with a 72-hour negative PCR and people who have had Covid-19 in the past six months, provided that the maximum number does not exceed 250 indoors and 350 outdoors.

All provisions of the health protocol and guidance must be adhered to, the ministry added.

People aged 12 to 15 who cannot currently be vaccinated and do not have a certificate of having recovered from Covid-19 in the past six months, must present a negative 72-hour PCR or rapid antigen test.

The same negative test requirement applies to people aged over 16 who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons who must present a medical certificate confirming they cannot be vaccinated.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/09/coronavirus-new-rules-to-be-issued-on-cinemas-and-theatres/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:46 pm 

migmogs wrote:
I feel so angry and annoyed
For those needing to work and those businesses who have followed the rules to the letter will not now be open

But some of the things we have seen in Peyia at two musical events as we drove past and have seen the pictures and videos on social media

Everyone laughing, singing and all up dancing without a care in the world!

And all older people not younger people and should know better ...but brain dead ....as they think that because they are vaccinated and it is summer ...there now is no virus!

Idiots every last one of them!

And the refusal to wear a mask when going to the toilets! The smallest room in the building enclosed with no ventilation ..and so full of covid potential ......grrrrr

I feel so angry right now!

Because if this happens ...it is the idiots once again ruining it for everyone who is being responsible and sensible!

:helpdesk

Totally agree
I think we should say a big Thank You to all those who think they are immune, an exception to the rule, arrogant / ignorant or just can’t be bothered wearing a mask properly or sanitizing when entering a bar or restaurant or when moving about within the establishment THANK YOU :bearhug for contributing to the latest restrictions

WATCH THIS SPACE there is more to come

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body