Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 pm 

he vaccination programme is to be expanded to include minors aged 16 and 17, the health ministry announced on Monday.

They will receive mRNA vaccines after the consent of their guardians as 30 per cent of current cases concern people under 18.

The decision was taken in an effort to ensure the protection of public health and “after taking into account the recommendations of the Cyprus paediatric society,” the ministry said.

The vaccination portal for teenagers aged 16 to 17 will open at 7.30am on Wednesday and will remain open for that specific age group, in addition to those over 18.

The ministry cited data from the contact tracing team suggesting “almost 30 per cent of new coronavirus cases are people aged 18 and under, especially teenagers aged 15 to 18”.

Appointments for vaccination can also be arranged through personal doctors or paediatricians.

Teenagers must have with them a signed form by their parents or guardians at the day of their appointment. The form should be signed by both parents or guardians unless there is a court decision suggesting this is unnecessary.

Other documents required include ID as well as a copy of the identification documents of their guardians.

In a call to parents to vaccinate their children, the ministry said that scientific data suggest that minors experience similar symptoms from Covid as adults.

“The timely vaccination of children will contribute to the smooth operation of schools, with the physical presence of students,” the ministry said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/06/28/coronavirus-16-and-17-year-old-to-be-vaccinated/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body