Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:38 pm 

The health ministry announced on Wednesday the schedule for upcoming vaccination portal openings for those aged 39-40, 68-70 and 37-38.

The national vaccination plan has accelerated significantly thanks to wider availability, achieving the initially set goal of reaching those aged 45 by April, and entering the 30-39 age group, the ministry said.

In addition, vaccination centre hours have been extended to be able to administer up to 14,000 vaccinations per day.

Over the next few days the vaccination portal will open for the following age groups:

On Thursday April 29, the portal will open for those aged 39 and 40, from 7.30 in the morning to 8 at night.

The following day, on Friday April 30, those aged 68, 69 and 70 who missed their previous chance will be able to book a vaccine appointment from 7.30 in the morning to 8 at night.

Lastly, on Tuesday May 4 the portal will be open for those aged 37 and 38, from 7.30 in the morning to 8 at night.

Vaccines will be administered at vaccination centres islandwide with all available formulas.

The ministry reminded that only those in the specified age groups will be able to book on the above dates.

The time between the two doses of the Moderna jab is 28 days, 21 for Pfizer and eight weeks for AstraZeneca. The Janssen vaccine is a single dose.

As of Tuesday, 259,089 anti-coronavirus vaccines had been administered in Cyprus, corresponding to 24.9 doses per 100 inhabitants, with 193,882 (24.1 per 100 inhabitants) concerning the first dose and 65,207 both doses.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/04/28/coronavirus-vaccination-portal-opens-for-39-40-year-olds/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:05 pm 
Regular

It is good that they are now reaching the younger adults but worrying that so many of the older people who were eligible have not taken it up.
The UK were very proactive in encouraging take up, are Cyprus doing the same?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 am 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
It is good that they are now reaching the younger adults but worrying that so many of the older people who were eligible have not taken it up.

Hi Poppytim

Uptake has been good here in Cyprus
Our roll out though is very different to the roll out in the uk
And so some people sadly got missed out

Here in Cyprus ...you have to proactively book your own vaccinations ..online through what is called the GESY Portal...or by ringing a special hotline number 1474.... through a short window of time...either through age...or later through illnesses...Paphos ...got booked up for it,s allotted vaccines very quickly.

Leaving some people in all age groups/ illnesses short of vaccination...unless they where willing to drive out of area to Limassol etc...to get vaccinated...other areas to Paphos appeared to have more vaccination spots left over...Paphos books up very quickly

Also people who are not in GESY where left behind in vaccinations....as they had a different way of asking for vaccination spots through emails to the ministry of health
Which was taking weeks to get through

So the ministry of health ...is now offering on certain days only to book......the ones who missed their vaccinations in their age group etc...to now come forwards

So this week....people aged 68-69-70 who missed last times vaccination roll out for their ages...can now book a vaccination slot again

It,s a muddled way of doing things to be honest!

But lots of people are getting vaccinated

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 am 

All appointment slots for vaccinations which were made available for people aged 39 and 40 have ran out, but more will be added for all districts within a few minutes, the health ministry said on Thursday morning.

The portal opened at 7.30am and will remain open until 8pm.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:38 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
Why is it good?
I doubt that you will do so, because you seem utterly taken in by the government lies and propaganda, but for an explanation why people have not taken it up watch https://rumble.com/vg4inv-michael-yeado ... kdown.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:54 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
Why is it good?

Because virtually 100% of people who have been vaccinated and sufficient time has passed for the vaccine to become fully active, won't die from the virus and although you can still catch it, are likely to have either few or no symptoms.

So, not dying from the virus is good isn't it?

There will always be individuals who believe in some huge conspiracy theory, along with others who get taken in by them and also refuse to be vaccinated, but I guess (sadly) that means that there will be a much higher chance of the virus cutting their lives short.

As an aside I was passing the church on the top road through Chlorakas this morning and there was a service in full swing with the entire parking area in front and at the side of the church rammed with cars and only three people sitting outside. Nice to see the church taking it seriously!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 pm 

OK, let's nip this in the bud before it gets silly again about conspiracy theories etc

IF you WANT the jab...HAVE IT
IF you DON'T WANT the jab, DON'T HAVE IT

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body