Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm 

The cabinet decided on Friday to impose a lockdown between April 26 and May 9 in a bid to stem the rising numbers of infections and protect the health system.

Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said a 9pm to 5am curfew will be imposed, as well as a ban of all gatherings anywhere.

The operation of hospitality venues, theatres, gyms, and shops will be suspended, as will barbers, hairdressers and beauticians. Restaurants can only offer takeaway and delivery.

People would only be allowed one outing a day after sending an SMS.

Church services will be held without worshippers except Easter Saturday and only outside.

Measures will be lifted on May 10 but negative tests will be needed to visit certain venues.

The decision was taken during a long and reportedly fractious meeting of the Council of Ministers which Thursday had failed to agree on whether current measures should be extended, relaxed or tightened.

Physical presence is offices is to be reduced to 20 per cent of staff and half the staff will be required to do a weekly test, up from 20 per cent.

On May 10 Cyprus should be reverting to what is in force now. Ioannou called “strict measures for a short period of time in order to give a chance for additional vaccinations and take pressure off the hospitals”.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/04/23/coronavirus-short-sharp-lockdown-from-april-26-to-may-9-update-1/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body