Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:15 pm 

Personal doctors will be allowed to administer AZ jabs, no portal necessary

The health ministry said on Thursday anyone over 30 can receive the AstraZeneca vaccine from their personal doctor without going through the portal.

Those wanting any of the other shots, must still follow the portal route and rules for age groups, the ministry said, adding that the new guideline for AZ would help speed up the vaccination process.

Personal doctors will request the necessary quantity of the AstraZeneca vaccine from the health ministry and will be responsible to administer the jab to their patients.

Vaccinations by personal doctors will be performed in parallel with the operation of vaccination centres “with the aim to speed up the vaccination process” and achieve herd immunity faster, the ministry said.

The AstraZeneca vaccine was chosen for this method of delivery “due to storage and transport conditions,” the ministry added. The jab does not have the same special requirements as the others.

So far, 224,352 vaccination doses were administered in Cyprus, including 58,794 people who received both doses of the anti-coronavirus jab.

Cyprus administers the Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and is expected to start administering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in upcoming days, all authorised by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

AstraZeneca’s demand dropped this month after the European Medicines Agency found possible links to rare cases of blood clots with the jab.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm 
Top of the pops

This is excellent news

The uk have been following this protocol since vaccines where to be given out

Much better easier way of giving out the vaccinations

Bravo!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:40 am 
Regular

Not all GPS have been administering the vaccine in the UK. Some surgeries have been set up as local vaccine centres and mine is one of them however they have done it with the help of an army of volunteers directing people,taking temperatures and some admin work. St John's ambulance have also been invaluable at our surgery so perhaps Cyprus should look at getting volunteers on board to help too. The drawback of course is that on the vaccination days especially you cannot see a Doctor for anything else and on other days it is difficult as seating in the waiting room is cut to observe social distancing and many non essential procedures are severely cut.. Apparently our team of NHS staff and volunteers have been besieged by donations of chocolates, biscuits and cakes as thank yous!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body