Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:49 pm 

he government is considering extending the current measures in place against the spread of coronavirus until May 15, with a few small exceptions for Easter.

The Cyprus News Agency reported that exceptions may include a later curfew and an increased number of people allowed to gather in homes over the Easter weekend.

The later curfew, however, may only apply to Holy Saturday, in order to allow people to attend the midnight church service. As far as Easter Sunday is concerned, the health ministry is considering allowing gatherings of up to ten people in houses. The final decisions are expected to be announced by the Council of Ministers after their meeting on April 22.

Meantime, epidemiologists are concerned that the high number of daily Covid-19 cases are putting hospitals in Cyprus under heavy strain.

The government’s epidemiological team is meeting on Tuesday to assess the current situation. The government is also studying the possibility of allowing an increased number of people in churches during Easter, depending on the epidemiological picture next week.

Speaking to SigmaLive, scientific advisor Zoe Dorothea Pana suggested that churches carry out their services outdoors, in order to minimise the risk of the virus spreading.

“At this stage, whether we are in church or elsewhere, we need to protect ourselves,” she said.

Read more https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/04/20/coronavirus-government-mulls-extending-current-measures-to-may-15/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body