Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:01 pm 

The government vaccine portal crashed a few minutes after opening on Wednesday due to heavy traffic, angering thousands of people who were trying to arrange jab appointments.

The portal opened for people aged 61 and above but it crashed soon afterwards because it could not handle the number of applicants.

The digital policy ministry said efforts were being made to repair the fault and urged the public to be patient.

Speaking on state radio earlier Wednesday, Research and Innovation and Digital Policy Minister Kyriacos Kokkinos said the system overloading was not an excuse.

“I’ve told my people, when the platform opens, if I have 25,000 available vaccines, it should be able to serve 150,000, to have a cushion that is, because there are people who enter from two or three separate accounts for the same person,” he said.

There was also the issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine and most people seem to go for the alternatives, accessing the portal at the same time, he said.

Around 19,380 slots were meant to be made available on Wednesday with the authorities announcing that the portal would remain open until 7pm Thursday.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/04/07/coronavirus-vaccine-portal-crashes-amid-heavy-traffic/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body