Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 pm 
Rock Star

From 8 o'clock this morning medically vulnerable people of any any should have been able to book their vaccination appointments. This is aimed mainly at those with Type I and II insulin dependent diabetes, or non insulin dependent diabetes along with other conditions.

It seems though that the vaccination tab has disappeared from the personal Gesy pages and the 1474 number is permanently engaged.

Thankfully I was able to message my GP who made the appointment for me straight away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
From 8 o'clock this morning medically vulnerable people of any any should have been able to book their vaccination appointments. This is aimed mainly at those with Type I and II insulin dependent diabetes, or non insulin dependent diabetes along with other conditions.

It seems though that the vaccination tab has disappeared from the personal Gesy pages and the 1474 number is permanently engaged.

Thankfully I was able to message my GP who made the appointment for me straight away.

My husband is extremely vulnerable...high vulnerability ...but told no...because he does not fit the criteria ....his awful injuries are caused by being poisoned in work and are not written down as illnesses as such that relates to GESY....so a grey area....arghhhhhhh ...feeling very frustrated today and truly sad for my very vulnerable husband!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:32 am 
Master

Also find it ridiculous that because I do not 'tick the boxes' that I am also not classified as being vulnerable and yet those who know me are aware of my very limited lifestyle.

GESY should have a category in its records for people who have symptoms that do not necessarily relate to the more common illnesses or diseases which are classified by using a code system which tends to be rather basic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:41 am 
Top of the pops

I cannot understand why GP,s cannot put forwards their high vulnerable patients for vaccination themselves?

The GESY algorithms that MOH are using ...cannot decipher how sick and vulnerable a patient really is and what his/her needs truly are , so very vulnerable people are falling through the algorithm net.

Pleased by the way Effsie that you managed to get your vaccination sorted xx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:57 pm 
Major

The GESY Portal now has the Vaccination section on the main front page so you go in to book your appointment from there instead of going to the Beneficiary section and signing in.

That is why it disappeared from your personal account page

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:45 pm 
Rock Star

SueParc wrote:
The GESY Portal now has the Vaccination section on the main front page so you go in to book your appointment from there instead of going to the Beneficiary section and signing in.

That is why it disappeared from your personal account page

Thanks for that. It was nice of them to tell us!

I use the portal regularly so keep the page permanently open in my browser and the vaccination portal only comes up when you reopen or refresh the page.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:00 am 
Major

Effsie - I think it was in the press and on the public information website but of course we don't necessarily read all of these on a regular basis all the time. I found out from a post on Dr Molly's Medical Centre facebook page

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body