Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:49 pm 

The vaccination portal will open on Monday for insulin-dependent diabetics and the obese as the health ministry announced on Friday as it prioritises vaccination coverage among vulnerable groups.

The portal had initially been expected to have opened on Friday morning, but this was delayed because of technical issues as changes are being made to the software so that vulnerable groups can book slots through the portal, and by extension, have a choice of the vaccine they will receive.

The EU has approved four vaccines so far, but only three are currently available – AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna.

Health ministry spokeswoman Margarita Kyriakou told the Cyprus News Agency that about 19,000 slots will be available to cover the two groups. The portal will open at 8am and will remain open for two or three days, she added.

The health ministry has made vaccinating vulnerable groups a priority over the next few weeks. Clarification is expected imminently on how it plans to move forward with the various sub-categories of people with health issues classified as vulnerable, Kyriakou said.

The target is to vaccinate vulnerable groups and offer at least the first jab to people aged 45 and over by the first week of May.

So far, the ministry has offered the vaccine to health professionals, the bedridden and by age, starting with the elderly.

It is currently vaccinating people aged 66 and over and plans at the end of next week to open the portal to those aged 65 and over.

The ministry expects to take delivery of a large shipment of vaccines from the three companies in early April and will focus on covering vulnerable groups, pausing vaccinations by age temporarily, she said.

“We will have more quantities of vaccines in the first week of the April, we will give emphasis to the vulnerable groups, a for a couple of weeks, we will not open up slots by age,” she said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/03/26/coronavirus-vaccination-slots-for-diabetics-obese-to-open-monday/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body