Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 pm 

The advisory committee on coronavirus on Monday briefed President Nicos Anastasiades about the epidemiological outlook and submitted their proposals for the gradual lifting of restrictions.
Decisions, however, will be taken by the cabinet, deputy government spokesman Panayiotis Sentonas said after the meeting. Cabinet is expected to convene on Wednesday.

The ministers of health, labour and education, representatives of state health services organisation Okypy as well as the chairman of the special public mental health committee, Dr Constantinos Phellas, were also present at the meeting.

According to Sentonas, the members of the advisory committee submitted their proposals on the gradual relaxation of the measures, the effective monitoring of the health protocols and the testing programme.

He added that the competent ministerial committee will assess the proposals.

“The government’s goal is the lifting of the measures to be done gradually and with specific planning, in order to maintain the epidemiological image of the country at levels that do not endanger public health,” Sentonas said. The final decisions will be taken by the cabinet, he added.

Reports said that the first sectors of the economy to reopen will be retail, hairdressers and beauty parlours. The opening of malls and catering establishments are set to be discussed during the second phase of relaxations.

It is thought that as relaxations will still not allow mass movement and gatherings, the obligation to send an SMS before leaving the house will remain in place, with the number allowed rising from two to three, although this could be dropped all together in the middle of February.

At the moment only two outings per day are allowed with permission through SMS to 8998, while most shops are closed until the end of the month.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/25/coronavirus-experts-brief-president-on-relaxation-proposals/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body