Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm 

Coronavirus: vaccination rollout revised, over 80s being sub-categorised (Update 1)

The health ministry announced a revised vaccination rollout, due to the shortage of vaccines, which will further subcategorise those over the age of 80. Essentially, the ministry will no longer accept all applications from those aged 80 and above but will instead restrict applications to the 90 and above group, then the 88-89, 86-87 and so on.
In an announcement on Tuesday morning, the ministry said: “Specifically, in the first stage, the vaccination portal will be available for an appointment for those aged 90 and above… until those within the age groups 80 and above have been covered.”

It was also noted however that when each age bracket (for example, the 86-87 group) is permitted to apply, any person older than that group may also apply.

Many people in the over 80 age group have been having difficulty making appointments, hence the necessity to further narrow the age group.

Around 33,000 people in Cyprus fall within over 80s category and, up to now, more than 12,000 have been given the Pfizer vaccine.

The health ministry said that on Monday 1,859 vaccines were administered throughout the Republic, of which 499 were second-dose vaccines. On Sunday, 333 people in care homes received their second dose.
Full story here:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/19/coronavirus-vaccination-rollout-revised-over-80s-being-sub-categorised/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:25 pm 

Coronavirus: Over 90s fail to take up vaccination slots

A health ministry change to its vaccination procedures for the elderly appears to have been more effective than anticipated, with some 4,000 appointment slots for coronavirus vaccines still available for people aged over 90, several hours after the portal reopened on Monday.

The ministry had changed the system, creating sub-categories to prioritise those over 90 amid complaints that appointment slots were being snapped up within minutes of becoming available. Eligibility before the change was for everyone aged over 80 not living in a care home.

As from Monday, the ministry opted to restrict access to new appointments to those aged 90 and over, only to find that by 1.00 pm, just 1,100 of the 5,488 available slots for vaccinations between January 28 and February 5 had been booked.

This was in stark contrast to last Monday when 3,466 appointments for over 80-year-olds disappeared within 30 minutes.

Health Ministry spokeswoman Margarita Kyriakou told the Cyprus News Agency said that all the appointments made available on Monday may not be booked as a number of elderly people have already been vaccinated and others have made appointments in the previous weeks.

The ministry will monitor the situation and depending on demand will decide whether to open up appointments to the next sub-category, which is people over 88. Those over 90 can continue to book, even if the new sub-category is opened up.

The ministry opens up appointments based on availability of vaccines, holding back half in each case for the second dose.

Meanwhile, about 40 per cent of health professionals working at Limassol Hospital have been vaccinated against Covid-19 so far, state health services (Okypy) director for Limassol and Paphos Christos Nicolaou told CNA.

He said that 510 of the 1,300 or so health professions have had the jab, with appointments made based on requests as vaccinations are not compulsory. Vaccinations of people aged over 80 at the old hospital were continuing smoothly, with no delays or problems, the news agency added.

Over the weekend, the ministry said 15,322 first dose of the vaccines has so far been administered in Cyprus. Moreover, 2,057 including health professionals and care home residents have received both doses.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/25/coronavirus-over-90s-fail-to-take-up-vaccination-slots/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 pm 

Coronavirus: vaccines slots for those over 86 open on Friday

he health ministry announced on Thursday that people aged 86 and above who have not yet reserved a slot will be able to book their Covid-19 jab on the government vaccination portal from January 29 at 9am.

The announcement also added that on Thursday a total of 850 vaccination appointments for people aged 88 and above have been booked.

The health ministry has urged people falling within the last category to reserve their jab on the earliest available date on the portal in order to ensure a continuous flow of vaccinations.

The announcement finally reminded that the appointments are being arranged on a first-come-first-serve basis and that further slots will be revealed by the health ministry on February 1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:39 am 
Top of the pops

With everyone’s details on GESY ...wouldn.t a letter or at worst ....if they had a phone number a text message would have been easier ...so that we all had an appointment system!

Instead of this hit and miss scramble of who comes first way of doing things!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:03 pm 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
With everyone’s details on GESY ...wouldn.t a letter or at worst ....if they had a phone number a text message would have been easier ...so that we all had an appointment system!

It seems that the EU delivery of vaccine is a bit 'hit & miss' too ! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:13 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
migmogs wrote:

It seems that the EU delivery of vaccine is a bit 'hit & miss' too ! :roll:

Absolutely SFD ...some one forgot to order the EU vaccines early enough :shock:

Hopefully even with a shorter supply for now of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine ...
..this also will be approved very soon :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:

You can call your GP and ask them to book it for you. That is what I did for MiL and a few days later I got a text message with appointment. Sorted. Arrived at the hospital 2 minutes before the appointment and was back in the car 7 minutes later. All done.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
migmogs wrote:

You can call your GP and ask them to book it for you. That is what I did for MiL and a few days later I got a text message with appointment. Sorted. Arrived at the hospital 2 minutes before the appointment and was back in the car 7 minutes later. All done.

Interesting to know ...thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:28 pm 

The health ministry announced Saturday it was opening 3,904 vaccination appointment slots on Monday for people aged 84 and above who have not yet received a Covid jab.

The appointments concern the period between February 4 and February 12. The available slots are in addition to those that had not been used previously, the ministry said.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:19 pm 

People aged 83 and over will be able to book a coronavirus vaccine on the vaccination portal from 9am on Wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:52 pm 

Appointments for Covid-19 vaccinations for people over 80 will be available from 9am on Saturday, the health ministry announced on Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm 

Appointments for coronavirus vaccinations will be available for people aged 79 and over as from Tuesday, February 9, the health ministry said on Monday as it unveiled phase three of its national Covid-19 vaccination programme.

Phase three covers people aged 75 to 79, but as in the case of over 80-year-olds the ministry is choosing to sub-categorise into smaller age groups so as to prevent the scramble that followed the initial launch of its vaccination portal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:17 am 

Those over 76 can make vaccine appointments from this morning

People over 76 will have access to the vaccination portal from Friday 9 am so that they can book an appointment, the health ministry has announced.

A total of 9,264 appointments will be made available for the vaccination centres operating in all districts. The ministry said only people over 76 will have access for registration.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:35 pm 

Vaccination appointments for those aged 74 and over will be available from Wednesday morning, 9am, the health ministry announced on Tuesday.

A total of 9,096 applications for vaccination appointments will be available and will be carried out at centres across all districts, the announcement read.

The health ministry also called on all those who are due to be vaccinated not to arrive earlier than their given time so as to prevent crowding at the centres.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:38 pm 
Rock Star

Who do you contact to get an appointment please?

Thanks

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:22 pm 
Rock Star

emgeeb wrote:
Who do you contact to get an appointment please?

Thanks

Alan

Call 1474 or book it through your Gesy portal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 am 
Rock Star

Effsie

Thank You.

Phoned 1474, Pafos district does not have any left.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:04 pm 
Top of the pops

emgeeb wrote:
Effsie

Thank You.

Phoned 1474, Pafos district does not have any left.

Alan

did they advise when to ring again Alan? And when the next amounts of vaccine are due into Cyprus?

Hopefully getting new vaccines each week ...so worth keep trying each week

Best of luck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:36 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs

Try Monday.

Very helpful Lady returned my call.

Stay safe.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:55 pm 
Top of the pops

emgeeb wrote: