It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: God will protect me
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:17 pm 

I seem to remember this statement from a few weeks ago
"There is no need for masks and restrictions, God will protect me"

Seems he has changed his mind

Archbishop receives vaccine, says it will offer some security

Archbishop Chrysostomos received his Covid jab on Tuesday, saying it offered some security against the pandemic that has been plaguing the globe since last year.

The frail looking archbishop, who is undergoing cancer treatment, arrived at the health centre at around 10am and received his vaccine some 30 minutes later in the presence of the health minister.

The 79-year-old later thanked scientists who made the vaccine that will help people tackle the coronavirus.

“We must realise that together with the other illnesses, we will also live with this one. We will have some security with this vaccine they invented,” Chrysostomos said. “We must realise that we must follow the measures; from the first moment I told the government we must be strict, and we also told our clergy that we have no problem to protect each other.”

Chrysostomos said he believed no one was infected inside a church because from the first moment “we implement the measures, and no one sits next to each other.”

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/29/coronavirus-archbishop-receives-vaccine-says-it-will-offer-some-security/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body