Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:39 pm 

Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou announced on Wednesday the extension of the existing measures against the spread of coronavirus until December 31.

In addition, malls and food and beverage businesses, will close from 6 am on Friday.

Restaurants and cafes will be able to offer take away and delivery services

Church services will be without congregations with the exception of weddings, funerals and christenings where they will be a 10 person limit.

The minister said the new measures concern closed spaces.

“The virus is everywhere in all cities, districts and villages,” he said.

He made the announcement after an extraordinary cabinet meeting to decide on the new measures in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus, after record numbers have been announced recently.

More later

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/09/coronavirus-cabinet-approves-tougher-restrictions/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:24 pm 
Top of the pops

My heart goes out to all businesses and workers at this very difficult time

My anger goes to all of those who have and are still refusing to follow the simple rules

May all of those refusing to wear their masks, clean their hands and keep their distances hang their heads in shame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:44 pm 

Malls, restaurants and churches will temporarily close in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus following an alarming spike, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou announced on Wednesday.

Speaking after an extraordinary meeting of cabinet, the minister said measures already in force would be extended until December 31. He also announced a few, additional measures targeting closed spaces where people congregate.

From Friday morning, malls and food and beverage businesses, will close.

Restaurants and cafes will be able to offer take away and delivery services. After 9pm, when the curfew starts, only delivery will be allowed. This measure concerns restaurants, taverns, cafes, pubs, snack bars and bars, coffeeshops and canteens in sports clubs, cultural clubs, clubs and associations.

Catering facilities within hotels and tourist accommodation may be open until 9 pm only for the service of customers staying at these places.

The operation of dining areas at the Paphos and Larnaca airports is allowed.

Large department stores and shops over 500 square metres – excluding supermarkets – will be allowed to operate but must comply with the rule of one person per 10 square metres, while a ceiling will be set on the number of customers.

Church services will be without congregations with the exception of weddings, funerals and christenings where they will be a 10-person limit.

These measures will be in effect from 6 am on Friday.

From Monday, December 14, classes in lyceums, both in private and public schools as well as higher education, will be through distance learning.

Kindergartens, primary and high schools will operate normally.

In addition to the suspension of sports and social activities for people under 18 which is an existing measure, the operation of afternoon tutoring centres is suspended.

All measures will be in effect until December 31.

“Until then, the situation will be re-evaluated in order to review the measures, provided that the epidemiological picture allows it,” Ioannou said.

“The virus is everywhere in all cities, districts and villages,” he said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/09/coronavirus-cabinet-approves-tougher-restrictions/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:10 pm 

migmogs wrote:
My heart goes out to all businesses and workers at this very difficult time

My anger goes to all of those who have and are still refusing to follow the simple rules

May all of those refusing to wear their masks, clean their hands and keep their distances hang their heads in shame

My sympathy is waning when we are getting 75 - 100 breaches of rules every night and just reported a further 10 cases in a football team who will possibly pass it to another 3 - 4 people per player.
They can't blame the tourists this time...it's all 'home bread' :tickedoff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Absolutely agree

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body