Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:21 pm 

Hearing this morning that an employee of the Peyia Municipality has tested positive and SEVERAL members of staff have had to 'isolate' They say the building has been 'disinfected' but I will still hold off going to pay my water bill :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
Hearing this morning that an employee of the Peyia Municipality has tested positive and SEVERAL members of staff have had to 'isolate' They say the building has been 'disinfected' but I will still hold off going to pay my water bill :grin:

Can't you pay online via JCC ?
I do :greetings

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:47 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

Can't you pay online via JCC ?
I do :greetings

That could be a plan !

And thanks for the word MAD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm 

SFS Yes, could pay on line but like to visit the lovely chap in the payments office he is always friendly; cheerful; helpful and smiling :lol:
Those from Peyia will know who I mean

Attachment:
WDOXbnxl_400x400.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:28 pm 

Peyia town hall shut, mayor and staff isolating

Peyia town hall is shut and the mayor and municipal staff are self-isolating after a positive Covid 19 case was detected.

“A close member of my staff tested positive last week and as they work in the main building, I am currently at home and self-isolating, as are ten other people,” mayor Marinos Lambrou told the Cyprus Mail on Thursday.

The mayor stressed that so far, he and all of the staff have tested negative.

“I had a quick test that was negative, and yesterday (Wednesday) I took a PCR test, that was also negative,” he said.

The municipality consists of two buildings, the technical department has remained open, but the main town hall building has been disinfected but remains closed at present, he said.

A member of staff is answering emails from home and another is answering telephone enquiries, but no visitors are permitted. As the finance and water departments are closed, Lambrou has granted a on- month extension on payments, which can also be made online through JCC, he noted.

Up to November 20, 400 rapid tests were carried out in Peyia with no positive results. However, following a funeral around ten days ago, 25 positive cases were found.

“I don’t think this happened in the church, but afterwards some of the close relatives got together,” he said.

The mayor said that he requested that the ministry tested people on Wednesday and from 350 rapid tests, a further three positive cases were discovered.

“I will be out of isolation next Wednesday, as that will be two weeks since I last saw the positive staff member. So far, all of the people I know that tested positive only have mild or no symptoms.”

Lambrou urged the public to remain patient for a further couple of months, until vaccines are available in Cyprus.

“People must keep their distance, wear masks and wash their hands regularly, it is so very important,” he said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/12/03/coronavirus-peyia-town-hall-shut-mayor-and-staff-isolating/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:47 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
SFS Yes, could pay on line but like to visit the lovely chap in the payments office he is always friendly; cheerful; helpful and smiling :lol:
Those from Peyia will know who I mean

Attachment:
WDOXbnxl_400x400.jpg

So you are either a masochist ...or like a quiet life ? :smilielol

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body