Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:04 pm 

Coronavirus: Free tests for all Paphos residents to start Monday

The ministry of health and Mediwell Home Healthcare Services announced on Sunday they will provide free coronavirus tests for all citizens of Paphos.

According to a Mediwell statement, from Monday tests will be taken in the 28th of October square outside the town hall from 9am to 5pm in addition to outside the town hall in Polis Chrysochous from 9am to 1pm.

Mediwell called on citizens to take five minutes out of their day to undergo the test.

“All together we can and we will stop the spread of the virus,” a statement said, adding that the test would be free.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/11/15/coronavirus-free-tests-for-all-paphos-residents-to-start-monday/

UPDATE

As part of its efforts to track the spread of Covid-19 the ministry of health on Sunday announced that free antigen rapid tests will be available in all towns as of Monday.

Mobile units will carry out the tests and their exact locations will be announced beforehand, and priority given to those whose work brings them in contact with members of the public.

Priority will also be given to people from Limassol and Paphos districts.

On Monday the testing locations will be:

Paphos: outside the town hall and outside the citizens service centre on Eleftherios Venezelou street from 9am to 5pm.

Polis Chrysochous: Outside the town hall from 9am to 2pm.

Limassol: Gregoris Afxentiou square; entrance to the Ayios Athanasios Industrial area; outside the Mesa Yitonia town hall; Ayia Varvara Church, Zakaki; opposite the former Skaros Tavern in Yermasoyia, all from 9am to 5pm.

Larnaca: parking lot of the Stelios Andreou supermarket in Livadia from 9am to 5pm.

Famagusta: Paralimni town hall from 9am to 5pm.

The programme will run for ten days with 500 tests being carried out each day.

Results of the test will be sent by text message within 24 hours or on request in writing within 30 minutes.

Anyone who is found positive is asked to self isolate for 14 days and also to get a PCR test to confirm the result.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body