Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:24 pm 

Attachment:
crna-1-1024x688.jpg

Pfizer Inc said on Monday its experimental vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 based on initial data from a large study, a major victory in the fight against the pandemic.

Pfizer and German partner BioNTech SE are the first drug makers to show successful data from a large-scale clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine.

Following are reactions to the news. https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/11/09/pfizer-biontech-say-their-vaccine-is-more-than-90-effective/

From the BBC:- Covid vaccine: First 'milestone' vaccine offers 90% protection
The first effective coronavirus vaccine can prevent more than 90% of people from getting Covid-19, a preliminary analysis shows.

The developers - Pfizer and BioNTech - described it as a "great day for science and humanity".

Their vaccine has been tested on 43,500 people in six countries and no safety concerns have been raised.

The companies plan to apply for emergency approval to use the vaccine by the end of the month.

Read more here
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54873105

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:15 am 
Idol

An mRNA vaccine, never ever been made before, not properly tested, no way of knowing longer term harm it could cause - think I'll give it a miss!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:24 pm 
Star

I know a few people who have said that they will not have the vaccine. One thing that they all seem to have in common is that they live on their own, so don't have no one to care for but themselves, sad really

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:42 pm 
Idol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al-SZ7c ... rorProject

Would I trust Pfizer ? I don't think so !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:01 pm 

OK we now have a potential vaccine that's a start
Yes it is still not fully tested or licensed
Yes there are problems of transportation / storage to be sorted (-70C)
Yes there will be logistical problems with the quantity required however there will be a lot less required if we can we assume all those people who think covid is a scam won’t want it
All those who won't wear a mask or stay indoors won't be wanting or needing it?
All those people who think it’s a conspiracy theory and the vaccine will contain a tracking device won’t want it
That should save the government a fortune and ensure extra doses for these who want / need it

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:27 pm 
Top of the pops

Uncle D wrote:
I know a few people who have said that they will not have the vaccine. One thing that they all seem to have in common is that they live on their own, so don't have no one to care for but themselves, sad really
Clearly you should get out more. Lots of people don't want this barely tested vaccine and by no means do they all live alone - me for one. Remember Thalidomide? They said that was safe too!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:22 pm 
Star

Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine it was given to women who had bad morning sickness, albeit 60 odd years ago. There is no way that they would ever let things like that happen again.
Haven't most of us have had TB and Polio vaccines etc in the past.
If people who choose not to have a vaccine get the virus and die it would be of their own doing, I call it natural selection,
Oh and I probably get out a lot more than you Mr know it all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:22 pm 
Idol

https://mattbell.org/only-informed-cons ... al-vaccine

A very candid open letter to Matt Hancock from Dr Michael Yeadon, former Head of Respiratory Research and Scientific Advisor at Pfizer, also Vice President of Pfizer and founder of firm Novartis, regarding Covid19 vaccine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:42 pm 
Top of the pops

Uncle D wrote:
There is no way that they would ever let things like that happen again.
Really? I mentioned Thalidomide - a drug that supposedly passed all tests - because it's a name that most people of a certain age will recognise. The fact that it was a while ago is irrelevant. These companies still put profit before public welfare and you are invited to be injected with a product that has been inadequately tested. Feel free to take it if you want, but perhaps take a moment to research why these companies have paid out billions in penalties and civil claims before you do so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm 
Idol

Take a while doing a bit of research on Swine 'Flu 'pandemic'in 2009. Like Neil Ferguson's over exageration they forecast world wide deaths of 1.4 billion, whereas it killed 500,000 worldwide.

The point is that GlaxoSmithKline produced (in a hurry - therefore not properly tested, just like the Covid one) a vaccine and it had devastating side effects. In the Republic of Ireland it caused many (I can't find out how many) cases of Narpolepsy with their new drug Pandemrix and I do know that over 100 of those affected are still fighting for compensation. Strange as it may seem the Irish Government and the Courts have now got a spurt on to settle these claims as soon as they can presumably so the vaccine damage cases do not compromise the roll out of the Covid vaccine. :evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body