Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:02 am 

The government on Wednesday extended curfews and restaurant closures across the island and introduced stricter measures in coronavirus hotspots Limassol and Paphos in a bid to stem a recent spike that has seen figures triple in the number of cases.

Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said 11pm curfews and 10.30pm closures of restaurants and other hospitality venues will be extended across the island from Thursday until the end of the month.

Playgrounds and gyms will close in Limassol and Paphos from Thursday until November 16.
Wedding stand up receptions and cocktails are banned from November 13 until January 15 and only 150 people can be hosted for sit-down wedding dinners.

President Nicos Anastasiades warned on Wednesday that failure to fully comply with existing measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus the consequences would be devastating, urging all citizens to behave responsibly.

In an address to the country before the announcement of new measures to curb the pandemic, Anastasiades said lifting most of the measures in place in the spring had led to “complacency and illusion that we overcame dangers”
The president said he understood that people were tired mentally and physically but they had to continue following the measures.
“Today I am not intervening only as the president but as father and grandfather who worries about his children and the people.”

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body