Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:07 am 

Archbishop says Church will follow restrictions ‘to the letter’

Archbishop Chrysostomos on Thursday gave reassurance that the Church would make sure that all measures aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus would be followed to the letter during the Easter holidays.

The Church primate was received by President Nicos Anastasiades at the presidential palace earlier on Thursday where the latter briefed the archbishop on the new measures decided by cabinet to tackle the coronavirus pandemic, also ahead of the Easter holidays, government spokesman Kyriacos Kousios said after the meeting.

“The archbishop reassured the president that the Church would make sure of the full implementation of the measures, to curb the spread of the coronavirus,” Kousios said in a written statement.

He also said that they agreed that the Church was to decide in which churches the Holy Week services would be carried out without a congregation present.

Read more here:- https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-archbishop-says-church-will-follow-restrictions-to-the-letter/

Am I being cynical or does anyone believe this? Let's see how many bonfires we see or how many 'fire crackers' are set off :tickedoff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 pm 

DIDN'T take long to break the rules

Celebrating his 79th birthday, Archbishop Chrysostomos on Friday read a wish for the redemption of the world from the coronavirus pandemic.

His birthday was celebrated with high priests and monks in the Apostolos Varnavas chapel within the archbishopric.

The Archbishop offered everyone present a fasting treat.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:35 pm 
Top of the pops

Religion is just another word for hypocrisy! :roll:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body