Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm 

Transport ministry chartering flight to bring supplies from China
The transport ministry is in the process of chartering a cargo flight to China to bring back much-needed medical equipment and consumables, minister Yiannis Karousos said on Friday.
Karousos said the decision was taken on Thursday and ministries were now compiling lists of the equipment they needed.
The main priority is to cover the needs of the health ministry for medical equipment and other consumables, he said.
“It is the fastest way to transport material from China to Cyprus,” Kaoursos said.
“The decision is to charter an aircraft to fly to China to bring material needed by the health ministry and any other thing necessary,” he added.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-transport-ministry-chartering-flight-to-bring-supplies-from-china/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:22 pm 
Rock Star

This has to be quite the irony.

The Chinese economy has peaked and income has been falling. The coronavirus appears to have originated in China and has since spread to the rest of the world. The rest of the world is now going to pay China millions and millions to buy medical equipment and boost their economy while everyone else's economy goes down the gurgler.

Just an observation!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:23 pm 

UPDATE

The first batch of medical supplies from China is ready for transport to Cyprus, the country’s ambassador to Nicosia said on Saturday.

Ambassador Huang Xingyuan told the Cyprus News Agency that the two countries are working closely to ensure their timely arrival to aid the fight against Covid-19.

He said that the first batch of medical supplies to Cyprus includes protective suits and masks donated by the Chinese government, companies and sister cities.

It was reported earlier in the week that a Greek air force transport plane was to bring the medical equipment requested by the health ministry from China to Cyprus next week.

Government spokesman Kyriacos Koushios announced on Saturday that Aegean Air had also offered to transport medical supplies from China, free of charge, in cooperation with Hellenic Petroleum.

Koushios said that the offer was made by the head of Aegean, Eftychios Vasilakis, during a telephone conversation with President Nicos Anastasiades on Saturday.

“The president expressed his gratitude to Aegean and Hellenic Petroleum for their noble gesture,” Koushios said.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 am 
Rock Star

Let's hope the quality is better than the other crap goods the Chinese export!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body