Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:48 pm 
Rock Star

Thought I would have a quick look to see how many fewer planes were in the air at the moment (7:43 pm Saturday) and was amazed at how many there still are.

Look bottom left of the picture to see how many are flying to and from the Canaries!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Sheer madness

Though doesn’t, seem to be as many as normal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 am 

I suspect a lot are the final repatriation flights that were being permitted until 3am Saturday.

"A 14 day flight ban for passenger flights came into force at 3 am on Saturday but there is an exception allowing humanitarian flights which covers charter flights being organised by the government to repatriate those allowed to enter Cyprus"

I see from the airport web sites there are NO flights in or out of Cyprus today

I BELIEVE that 'commercial / cargo' flights are still permitted as are flights operated by courier companies like DHL, Fed-ex etc if they are delivering 'essential supplies'

A lot of airlines are still flying premium routes with empty planes so as not to lose their premium airport slots in popular places like Heathrow and Gatwick. crazy

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:17 pm 
Rock Star

M.A.D wrote:
I see from the airport web sites there are NO flights in or out of Cyprus today

There are three flights leaving Larnaca today and one (the BA flight mentioned by the High Commissioner in his message yesterday) leaving Paphos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:19 pm 
Star

I agree the airport web sites are showing no flights into Cyprus today , but Flightradar24 shows one on its way from Russia. Correction , Hermes is now showing a few departures from Larnaca today .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:49 pm 
Rock Star

Number6 wrote:
I agree the airport web sites are showing no flights into Cyprus today , but Flightradar24 shows one on its way from Russia. Correction , Hermes is now showing a few departures from Larnaca today .

The departures on the Hermes pages for Paphos and Larnaca have been there since yesterday and, along with yesterday's flights, the BA one was in the message posted by Neil yesterday urging people who want to get off the island to book seats quickly.

There are also military and repatriation flights that aren't shown on the departure boards.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body