Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:08 pm 

Paphos municipality launches team to ensure coronavirus restrictions being met

Paphos municipality has called on citizens to report any businesses or gatherings that go against measures announced by the state to limit the spread of coronavirus.

It has established a Support and Monitoring Group to “enforce the of the measures taken by the state, with the aim of overseeing the compliance of citizens with decrees issued by the minister of health at this critical time,” a municipal statement said.

In coordination with the police, the municipal team of 10 officials led by a municipal health inspector and a police sergeant, will be tasked with tracking down each perpetrator in spaces such as cafés, restaurants, squares, parks, etc. and make appropriate rigorous recommendations to lawbreakers while calling the police.

“Citizens are also encouraged to contribute to this project by calling or sending a message to 99 717210 and 99 717157 from 6am to 10pm, so that the team is aware of any illegal and dangerous public gatherings and takes appropriate action,” the statement added.

It said protecting the health of citizens is the responsibility of all and can’t be jeopardized by the irresponsible and reckless behavior of anyone.

To report an incident call 99 717210 or 99 717157

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/20/paphos-municipality-launches-team-to-ensure-coronavirus-restrictions-bring-met/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body