Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:11 am

The Paphos People Advert

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:15 pm 
Rock Star

Since we moved here I have been driving on my Israeli D/Licence, but this runs out in next month.
I am over 70 and must now take out a Cypriot Licence in exchange.
What documents do I need? And what medical do I need?
What does the medical cost? What will the licence cost and how long will it be valid for?
Thanks,
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 pm 

All here

http://cyprusdriving.net/cyprus-driving-licence/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:33 am 
Rock Star

M.A.D wrote:

Many thanks.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:26 pm 
Master

One person went to a Citizens Service Centre to ask for advice and was given the forms, but you do the actual exchange at the Ministry of Transport Department on Mesogi Avenue where initially you will be given a temporary paper licence and then you collect the pink credit card style licence about 3 weeks later. When it comes to renew the Cypriot Driving Licence you do it at a Citizens Service Centre. It usually lasts for a maximum of 3 years, but with certain medical conditions it may only be valid for one year.

Some years ago, but take your Passport, Yellow Slip and Driving Licence. You will hand in your Driving Licence so perhaps worth taking a copy before you go.

My husband goes to a local private GP for the medical. The doctor has the form, does the medical and gives you the completed document. Cost €35, but some people have reported a fee of €30.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm 
Rock Star

Alexis wrote:
One person went to a Citizens Service Centre to ask for advice and was given the forms, but you do the actual exchange at the Ministry of Transport Department on Mesogi Avenue where initially you will be given a temporary paper licence and then you collect the pink credit card style licence about 3 weeks later. When it comes to renew the Cypriot Driving Licence you do it at a Citizens Service Centre. It usually lasts for a maximum of 3 years, but with certain medical conditions it may only be valid for one year.

Some years ago, but take your Passport, Yellow Slip and Driving Licence. You will hand in your Driving Licence so perhaps worth taking a copy before you go.

My husband goes to a local private GP for the medical. The doctor has the form, does the medical and gives you the completed document. Cost €35, but some people have reported a fee of €30.

Thank you Alexis, most useful.
Amos.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body