Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:25 pm

The Paphos People Advert

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 pm 
Top of the pops

I had the need to travel to Limassol yesterday (yes I have to from time to time) and was a little astounded by the behaviour of one rental car in particular who worried me seriously.

He came up from behind me at the first Geroskipou exit which is normal as I am usually in auto pilot or whatever its called by then. But I could see strange shapes at the front of their car, when they pulled out to pass the both front seat passengers had shoes off and both had their feet over the top of the windscreen.

I should point out that the car is a light blue VW EOS convertible with the roof down!!!

There was two youngsters in the rear seat unbelted and turning to wave at the cars. They tootled on ahead, then they slowed down and I could see the woman and man swapping places as they were driving and resuming the feet on the windscreen again. Speed off ahead, then slowed right down for the tunnel I passed them then when they went to pass me after the tunnel the front two had changed back.

Frankly I don't give a monkeys if they wipe themselves out, but the kids in the back! The others they will probably draw into an accident! the services who have to clean it up!

There cannot be too many rental companies that have convertible VWs so I hope they read here..........

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 am 
Major

Well I can point out that when Cyprus was not in the EU they accepted a UK licence.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 am 
Top of the pops

I am concerned about the number of tourists from countries where they drive on the left who drive over here in the middle of the road because they obviously can't get their bearings in a right hand drive car!! Last week I was unlucky enough to be behind 2 such cars and it was quite scary!!

I'm not going to mention the way they turn into the 'wrong side' of the road at junctions...!

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:56 am 
Rock Star

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
I am concerned about the number of tourists from countries where they drive on the left who drive over here in the middle of the road because they obviously can't get their bearings in a right hand drive car!! Last week I was unlucky enough to be behind 2 such cars and it was quite scary!!

I'm not going to mention the way they turn into the 'wrong side' of the road at junctions...!

:shock:

They sound to be more like locals!
Amos.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 am 
Rock Star

Having worked for car hire companies I can tell you some of the drivers for them are rubbish drivers.
A new employee at one company I worked for was rammed in the side 2 hours after starting his new job.
Our car was repaired but there’s was a write off, 2 hours after that I was almost rammed at the same spot and this was in the airport car hire car park!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:19 am 

Cracking bit of parking in Coral Bay last night..she actually drove up the crossing whilst on her phone to get there
Attachment:
Parking.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body