The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Google Translator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 am 
Top of the pops

Its not really that accurate, this is the translatd text taken from a match report and can raise a few smiles..

Quote:
Dakar, 28 March (APS) - The national team of Senegal lost to the selection of Oman by 0-2, in friendly match Saturday in Muscat.

Les Omanis ont doublé le score (0-2, 87e), alors que les Lions multipliaient les assauts dans le camp des protégés Claude Leroy, un ex-sélectionneur du Sénégal. The Omanis have doubled the score (0-2, 87th), while the Lions increased the assaults in the court of protected Claude Leroy, a former breeder of Senegal.

Les internationaux omanis avaient ouvert le score à la 10e minute devant des joueurs sénégalais qui se cherchaient. The international Omanis had opened the scoring in the 10th minutes in front of the Senegalese players who are looking for.

Mercredi, l’équipe nationale amenée par le directeur technique national, Amsata Fall, sélectionneur provisoire, jouent contre l’Iran à Téhéran. Wednesday, the national team led by the national technical director, Amsat Fall provisional breeder, play against Iran in Tehran.

the linky is here http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.seneweb.com/news/elections2007/article.php%3Fartid%3D21990&ei=rOLPSei6OOTTjAfQkrTbCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=10&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Doman%2B2%2Bsenegal%2B0%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26start%3D40

Live your dreams.

Post subject: Re: Google Translator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 am 
Top of the pops

Our website gets a lot of enquiries from Greece; many are in Greek. I use Babelfish to translate ( http://babelfish.yahoo.com ) and while the translation isn't always perfect, I can usually get the gist of the message. I sometimes translate my reply from English into Greek as well. It works. Lloyd

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body